Miss Mystic Falls

I walked into History class and sat in my desk as Elena and Stefan both followed after me, doing the same. "Okay." Alaric started once he came into the class and shut the door behind him. "This week we're going to set aside our our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founder's day." He pointed out and set his bag on his desk. "Apparently, the community leaders feel that's more important than World War 11, but hey, what do I know?" Ric asked sarcastically before the classroom door opened, revealing Bonnie.

"Sorry I'm late." She apologized and gave him a small smile. I furrowed my eyebrows at her and sat up straight in confusion while she walked toward her desk.

"Looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." Alaric nodded at her once she sat in her desk. I smiled at her and she smiled back only before her smile dropped once she looked at Stefan, making me raise an eyebrow. "Right, Founders day. What does it mean to have Founders day? Well, if you'll turn your attention to this, exquisite diorama over here that I spent all night—" Ric started once the bell rang for class. I slowly sighed and sat back in my desk, letting myself doze off.
~~~~

"Bonnie." I stated loudly as I walked after her, trying to catch her on the way to her car.

"Hey." She replied, looking back at me but looked away and continued to walk.

"I, uh—I tried to grab you after class but you'd already taken off." I pointed out in defeat before she turned to me finally. "How are you? How's your family?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at her.

"We're dealing. It's been hard." Bonnie answered, nodding back at me shortly.

"Well, everyone really missed you." I stated with a reassuring smile but she shrugged.

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after Grams' funeral, and honestly after you told me that the tomb's spell failed and the vampires got out—I just didn't really wanna come back." She admitted and I looked down in defeat.

"I hope you understand why I called. I just wanted you to know before you came home.." I countered and looked back up at her.

"I understand why. I just wish that I didn't.. Know." Bonnie informed quietly, only to look away from me and I slowly nodded at her.

"I know it's been really hard—" I started but was cut off as Caroline came running over to us.

"Bonnie! Bonnie, thank god you're home." Care stated in relief before she hugged her tightly and I smiled at the two once they pulled away. "I know we talked everyday but I missed you. How are you doing?" She asked in a rushed breath.

"Better—just better, you know? Just glad to be back and uh, try to keep myself busy." Bonnie answered with a smile, while holding her books close to her chest.

"Well, I can help with that. Major wardrobe confab needed ASAP. You need to help me pick the perfect dress for the Founder's court." Caroline stated in excitement and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Miss Mystic Falls?" I asked, taken aback as I remembered that was even a thing.

"They announced it today and um, Elena and I are both on it. Could you remind her?" Caroline asked, raising and eyebrow at me and I slowly nodded in response.

"Wow.. You guys signed up for that so long ago, I completely forgot about it." I admitted and watched Caroline quickly knit her eyebrows together.

"Wait, so do you think Elena will forget and drop out?" She asked in confusion, but part of her probably wished that would happen.

"She can't." I answered emotionlessly and looked away from her.

"No?" Care countered, trying to press it further but I folded my arms over my chest.