Give Me Love

I walked around the Salvatore house and moved toward the library where I heard small voices coming from. "How is it?" Rose asked in a worried tone as she sat turned away from me while Damon observed the side of her back that seemed to be rotting away.

"It's... better." He replied in an awkward tone, making me look at him skeptically. "Right, Mariana?" He asked, his eyes falling on me before Rose looked over her shoulder at me also.

"Um.. it's not bad." I lied in agreement and watched Damon nod down at her with a reassuring smile.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked, narrowing his eyes at me but I shook my head.

"Him and Elena left. Look, I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel because she might have research on Klaus but I don't think Elijah will like that very much." I pointed out in defeat as Damon filled up Rose's glass that she held, with more blood.

"No can do. I'm with Stefan on this one." Damon replied before he looked over at me and I narrowed my eyes back. "But if you could play nurse for a little while—" He added, making his way over to me after putting the blood bag down.

"It's not necessary." Rose countered from where she sat, cutting his idea off and Damon rolled his eyes.

"It is necessary. Mariana is a do-gooder. It's in her nature, she just can't resist." Damon stated sarcastically as he walked past me and out the library doorway, into the hall. Rose looked back at me silently, obviously in distress and I gave her a reassuring smile before following after Damon.

"Damon." I stated after him, making him stop at the door and turn to look at me. "Is she going to die?" I asked quietly before he sighed deeply and walked toward me.

"Probably." He answered in defeat and I furrowed my eyebrows. "The wolf bite from Jules caused some kind of infection. It's getting worse." He stated and I slowly nodded.

"Like poison?" I asked in confusion but he sighed deeply.

"I don't know, Mariana. I'm not an expert in the field." Damon pointed out in annoyance as he shrugged, obviously stressed about the situation.

"I'm sorry." I replied softly, staring up at him which only made him scoff.

"We come, we go. The sooner she dies, the better." Damon countered defensively and I furrowed my eyebrows. "It's gloomy as hell in here." He added before walking away.
~~~

"I hate this. I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries." Rose stated as she weakly got into Damon's bed and I slowly nodded at her, putting a glass of blood on the nightstand beside her.

"Just get in bed." I reassured as I started taking off the hoodie that she was wearing.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden. And it's certainly not drawn out by an illness." Rose stated as I looked over the bite that had crawled from her shoulder down the side of her back.

"You're not going to die." I reassured her as she laid back in the bed and pulled the sheets over her.

"Such a human thing to say." Rose replied in amusement at me and I gave her a small smile. I tucked her in more and looked around Damon's bedroom at the painting on the wall, to the T.V hanging across us, before I looked at the bathroom that I could probably live in. "You've never been into Damon room, have you?" Rose asked me from below me and I looked back towards her.