Awaken

"Oh, there it is." I stated, gesturing at the Salvatore crypt as we walked through the cemetery.

"This.. is creepy. Even for us." Bonnie countered as we walked into the crypt and the doors creaked at the sound of us walking in and I noticed all of the cobwebs surrounding it.

"Caroline was right." Elena stated and put the cake on a pedestal that stood in the corner. "Technically, She is dead." She added and I slowly nodded in agreement as we all stood inside the crypt now and Caroline furrowed her eyebrows.

"You don't need a birthday, Care. You need a funeral." I added in agreement and she turned to look at me. "You need to say good-bye to your old life so you can move on with your new one." I pointed out and Caroline gave me a small smile as Elena opened the cake box. Caroline gave a small chuckle and slowly nodded, taking off the birthday tiara.

"Okay." Care stated, looking around the crypt slowly. "Here lies Caroline Forbes." She added, going to open her mouth before Elena cut her off once she put candles on the cake.

"Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, Third grade hopscotch champion." Elena stated smiling at Caroline who folded her arms in front of her and chuckled.

"Friend... Daughter.. Overachiever." Bonnie added, tilting her head at Care in amusement, making her chuckle more.

"Mean girl—sometimes. No offense." Matt admitted and Caroline rose her eyebrow at it before she shrugged.

"Ah, none taken." Caroline replied knowingly. I smiled at her and folded my arms over my chest as Elena picked up the cake and slowly walked over to Care.

"She was seventeen and she had a really good life.. So Rest In Peace so that you can move forward." I stated with a small smile and Caroline slowly nodded. "It's what you really need. I think it's what we all really need." I added and they all nodded in agreement.

"Amen.. Or cheers or whatever." Elena replied with a chuckle and Matt laughed, holding up the bottle of tequila he brought. "Uh, one of you?" She asked, looking at Bonnie and I before gesturing at the candles. Bonnie and I looked at each other before she gestured towards me and I chuckled, blowing on the candles and making them ignite as the light reflected off of our faces.

"Nice." Matt laughed with a nod at my gesture before I looked at Caroline and smiled.

"Make a wish." I whispered and she looked at the candles before she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.. After a few seconds she opened her eyes again and blew out the candles.. Leaving us in darkness again.
~~~

Caroline gave Matt another piece of cake while Bonnie, Elena and I drank from the tequila bottle from where we sat on the two benches from inside the crypt. "Gimme." Matt stated in amusement, taking the bottle from Bonnie before Elena grabbed it back from him.

"Uh, uh—I need it more than you do, trust me." Elena stated shaking her head and he furrowed her eyebrows at her and sat next to Bonnie while Elena and I sat on the bench across them. "Caroline, what are you doing?" She asked, looking at Care who was sneakily typing into her phone.

"Nothing? Hmm?" Caroline countered, looking at Elena as she hid her phone in her hands. "Huh?" She asked with a shrug and I rose an eyebrow and grabbed the bottle from Elena, giving it to Matt who chuckled.

"Okay, you're a really bad sober liar. You're an even worse drunk liar." I laughed in amusement at her.

"I might've texted Tyler." Caroline admitted in defeat and Elena sighed heavily.

"Caroline." Elena said, shaking her head in amusement and Care heaved a sigh.

"What? I'm delicate." Care countered softly and looked down. Matt sighed and held his head in his hands while Bonnie shook her head at Elena.