The Birthday

Damon and I walked down the stairs, hearing loud music come from speakers around the house as people greeted me with smiles and a 'Happy Birthday'. I gave them all a smile back or a thank you before Damon and I finally stopped in front of the living room and I felt my mouth drop. The amount of people that I didn't know or most likely didn't want to know, was unbelievable. "Chug, chug, chug!" The crowd said as a guy was hoisted up above a keg, drinking beer before the crowd cheered once he was out down. "You like?" Caroline asked, emerging from the crowd in front of me and I rose an eyebrow at her before she pointed at me. "Don't answer that." She added quickly, hinting at my reaction and I sighed.

"Elena is going to kill you.. What happened to keeping it small?" I asked, chuckling at her and Caroline smiled widely. I looked over the cute black dress that she wore while she held a red solo cup in her hand. "What are we drinking?" I asked in amusement and she squealed, taking my hand and leading me away from Damon and through the crowd.
~~~

Caroline and I laughed, holding onto our cups as we walked into the library and she groaned. "Oh. Stoner den.. Buzz kill." Care stated in annoyance as the smell of marijuana hit us.

"Hey, guys." Matt said coming over to us and I smiled at him.

"Matty, Hey." I greeted, looking him up and down and he smiled, pulling me towards him and planted a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Hi. Happy birthday." Matt stated with a bright smile as he pulled away from me and I chuckled at him.

"Thank you." I replied and watched as he looked at Caroline, dropping his smile before he walked out of the library and Care sighed deeply.

"He hates me." Caroline stated and I sighed at her. "His hatred of me has driven him to drugs." She added dramatically and I rolled my eyes.

"He doesn't hate you. He hates that he's not with you—" I started and cut myself off as I scanned the room around us before raising my eyebrow. "Is that my brother?" I asked, tilting my head at Jeremy who sat with his back to us in a lounge chair. I sighed, handing Caroline my cup and she took it gladly. "Thank you." I stated as I walked over to Jeremy who held a blunt in his hand, smoking off of it. "Hey, Jer." I stated with a smile and he sighed up at me, holding out the blunt and I gave him a fake smile. "Yeah, thanks." I stated before I smoked off of it and Jeremy rose an eyebrow at me.

"What happened to being the big sister who actually cares about what she puts into her body?" Jeremy asked jokingly and I rolled my eyes at him.

"You have the wrong big sister. It's a party, lighten up." I stated in amusement and Jer laughed and went to grab the blunt again but I pulled it away from him. "Yeah.. On second thought, I think I'm just gonna keep it." I added and he rolled his eyes as I walked away. "Give me a minute." I stated, looking at Caroline who nodded and went back to the party with our drinks. I walked out onto the balcony pad where Damon, Elena and Ric were talking.

"Hello, birthday girl." Damon stated with a smirk and I sighed, gesturing at his bourbon.

"Drink." I stated and he rose an eyebrow, handing it to me. "Jeremy's smoking again." I pointed out and looked between Elena and Alaric.

"Is his stash any good?" Damon asked sarcastically and Elena rolled her eyes at him.

"You're an ass." Elena stated in annoyance before she looked at Ric. I shrugged and gestured at the blunt, answering Damon's question and he chuckled, shaking his head at me. "Talk to him, please? He looks up to you." Elena stated, looking at Alaric before she took a deep breath and went back into the party. I watched her go, seeing her white dress flow as she walked.

"You're screwed." I stated, looking back at Ric before I handed him the blunt I took from Jeremy. "Lighten up a bit before you do. You look sad and old." I joked, earning a chuckle from him and Damon. "Just make Jenna doesn't find out that you did it or that I'm the one who gave it to you." I added in amusement and seriousness as Alaric took it.