Buzz Kill

Damon and I walked inside of the church quickly after I had him grab a backup dress for Elena. We walked towards the bathroom of the church towards the bathroom as a man sat on a couch, waiting quietly from across us. "You again. Stalking small town funerals?" Damon asked sarcastically towards the man who rose an eyebrow at us. I grabbed the garnet bag and purse from Damon and knocked on the bathroom door lightly.

"Elena." I stated towards the door and gave a small smile towards the man watching us intently. The door opened and Elena sighed looking at me in relief.

"Oh, Mariana, thank god." She whispered looking between Damon and I, and I rose an eyebrow at the blood stains on the front of her pink laced dress.. As if she threw up the blood. Elena looked out of the bathroom and towards the man who sat forward towards her. "Sorry, I-I spilled coffee all over my dress." Elena stated with a small smile towards him. The man got up from the couch slowly, wearing normal clothing. Not a suit or any black. Elena drew back into the bathroom as I gave her the garnet bag and a reassuring smile before she shut the door.

"We have not met. I'm Conner.. Jordan." The man stated holding out his hand towards me and I rose my eyebrows down at it.. Gloves.

"I'm Mariana. Germaphobe." I replied with a small smile and looked back up at his face as he drew his hand back slowly. "Everything okay in there?" I asked towards the bathroom.

"Yeah! J-Just a minute!" Elena replied loudly and I slowly nodded and looked back at Connor as Damon eyed him carefully.

"So what brings you to Mystic Falls? Bible salesman?" Damon asked raising an eyebrow and I sighed at him in annoyance as Connor chuckled.

"No, no. Actually, I'm in, uh.. environmental cleanup." Connor replied and I rose an eyebrow and gently grabbed onto Damon's arm as he nodded slowly. "I heard you had a bit of a pollution problem." He added and I rose an eyebrow as Damon looked down at me.

"Mar, did you know we had a pollution problem?" Damon asked and I shrugged and shook my head, looking back at Connor. "I was unaware. I breathe pretty easy." He pointed out  and I nodded in agreement as the bathroom door opened and Elena stood wearing a black dress.

"Sorry that took so long." Elena stated towards Connor who gave her a small smile.

"No problem." Connor countered nodding at her and I looked back at him and smiled.

"Well, enjoy your stay." I said looking at Damon who nodded towards him also and scoffed in amusement.

"We love visitors. And the scenery is to die for." Damon pointed out with a smile and I elbowed him lightly, making him gasp and put a hand to his mouth in realization. "Funeral pun. Too soon. Sorry." He stated towards Connor before him, Elena and I walked away from him. Elena made her way outside of the church and Damon and I followed.

"Did you bring the blood-bag?" I asked Damon as I looked through the purse. Damon nodded the three of us stopped beside a tree and I pulled the blood-bag out of the purse. "Here you go." I gestured the blood-bag towards Elena before Damon and I stood in front of her so no one going into the church would see her. Elena breathed heavily and tore the top off of the blood bag, drinking it quickly and sighing in relief before she furrowed her eyebrows and spit it up. "Elena." I whispered in frustration towards her and took the blood-bag, handing it towards Damon.

"No, I can't. It tasted like.." Elena lead off heavily and I sighed at her and wiped the blood from her chin. "What's wrong with me?" She asked in defeat, looking between Damon and I.

"I don't know. Maybe it's your doppelgänger blood, you're rejecting the transition.." Damon answered, looking her over and I sighed, licking the blood off of my fingers.