Stay Awhile

I groaned waking up and winced as I felt something pierce my arm. I looked down as an I.V was inserted into my vein and I furrowed my eyebrows, quickly sitting up but groaning at how weak I was. "Oh, be careful. Moving only makes it hurt worse." A nurse warned from above me. I looked between her and the I.V in confusion and realized I sat tied to a chair as Elena sat beside me, tied to another chair and unconscious as her blood was being taken also.

"What are you doing?" I asked in concern as I looked over Elena worriedly, looking for any sign of her breathing.

"Draining you of all of your blood." A voice replied and I looked across from me as Klaus sat on a couch next to a pair of French doors, staring towards Elena and I emotionless. I furrowed my eyebrows, realizing we were inside of the Mikaelson mansion, by the looks of all of the packing boxes spread around the room. I groaned and tired to get up from the chair but Elena's hands, as well as mine, were tied to the chair's arms while our torsos were tied to the back of them. Footsteps came into the room and I looked up to see Tyler carrying a small box in his hands carelessly before he stopped in his tracks and furrowed his eyebrows towards Elena and I as we sat across from him.

"Mari?" Tyler asked in confusion towards me and I sighed in relief.

"Tyler, help us." I pleaded towards him as Elena groaned from beside me, coming into consciousness. Tyler quickly put the box down beside him, on top of a pile of others before he came towards Elena and I.

"He can't." Klaus stated emotionless and I furrowed my eyebrows as Tyler stopped immediately and looked back at Klaus in confusion. "He needs to go fetch me more empty blood bags. About three liters worth, please, Tyler." He informed, nodding towards Tyler who furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Elena and I again.

"Ty, please." Elena whispered weakly towards him as she woke up. "Get Stefan.. Please." She stated furrowing her eyebrows as she leant her head back against the chair in exhaustion.

"No, Tyler.. Get the bags." Klaus stated slowly towards Tyler who stood in front of us all motionless. Tyler stared at me for a few seconds motionless before turned his head back at Klaus uncertain.. Tyler went to vamp towards Elena and I before Klaus vamped in front of him, grabbing him by the throat. "Forget the girls and get the bags." Klaus demanded angrily down at his hybrid. "Now." He warned emotionlessly and Tyler looked over Klaus' shoulder towards Elena and I in defeat before he walked away from us and out of the room again. I groaned in annoyance and tried to use my magic but I was too weak. I looked at Elena who tried to escape the bonds from around her wrists as Klaus walked up the steps that were set behind us, leading into another room but he lingered behind our chairs.

"So that's it? You're just going to bleed us dry?" Elena asked in annoyance towards Klaus as her eyes glazed over.

"Yes. But don't worry.. It'll be completely painless." Klaus reassured her as he stood directly behind her chair and leant over her slowly. "As the last drop is drawn.. You'll simply fall asleep." He stated quietly with a smirk. I watched as a look of terror showed on Elena's face and I groaned, trying to break the ropes from around my wrists but they wouldn't budge. Klaus snickered at us and walked into the room behind us, leaving us alone and I groaned loudly in frustration.
~~~

I watched as the nurse changed out the blood bags for I and Elena's I.V's and I breathed weakly towards Klaus as he stood in front of us, watching intently. "What about your hybrids?" I asked, tilting my head at him. "You might be draining both of us—but if we die, there won't be another doppelgänger... You'll need more than this to create your army." I pointed out emotionlessly and Klaus sighed, putting his hands behind his back as he tilted his head at me. The nurse walked past Klaus with the liters of blood from Elena and I before Klaus grabbed one from her and examined it closely.