Affairs Are All the Fun

I stood in front of my mirror, fixing my hair as my phone rang from beside me and I grabbed it, answering. "Hello?" I asked, sighing a bit.

"You miss me?" A familiar voice asked from the other side and I narrowed my eyes at my reflection.

"Katherine. Where are you?" I asked in annoyance as I leant against my dresser.

"Lurking outside the Boarding House. Pining away." Katherine joked and I rolled my eyes, walking over to my closet and grabbed a light jacket.

"What do you want?" I asked in a disinterested tone and Katherine sighed from the phone.

"I'm homesick. What have I missed?" Katherine asked and I shrugged, closing my closet door.

"Well, Stefan's still Klaus' little prisoner and Elena still thinks she can save him, and no one's thought about you since you left." I pointed out sarcastically as I put my jacket on my bed.

"And what about you and Damon? I'm sure now that he's given up on his brother, he's plotting some sort of way of moving in on you as well as Stefan's girlfriend—All in one." Katherine stated with slight amusement and I rolled my eyes.

"He didn't give up on him, neither of us did. We just don't know where he is." I corrected in annoyance as I put the phone on speaker and grabbed the jacket from the bed again.

"Mm." Katherine replied with a small sigh and I rose an eyebrow as I put my jacket on.

"But you do." I added, tilting my head down at my phone before I grabbed it, taking it off of speaker. "Have you been trailing them?" I asked in disbelief and Katherine scoffed.

"A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who's off the rails? I couldn't be further away." Katherine stated in annoyance and I rolled my eyes.

"Which means you know exactly where they are." I pointed out as I shook my head in amusement.

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for answers." Katherine warned and I sighed, turning towards my mirror again.

"How do you know that?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as I fixed my hair.

"Spend five hundred years running, they'll be a few people along the way that are looking out for you." Katherine answered and I slowly nodded, walking over to my window.

"Is that what you're doing?—Looking out for Stefan?" I asked as I leant against the window sill and Katherine sighed deeply.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm conflicted." Katherine stated in defeat and I rolled my eyes.

"Where are they?" I asked again impatiently and I heard Katherine chuckle from the other side, making me raise an eyebrow.
~~~

I walked into Damon's room and over to his dresser before I started pulling out a few shirts of his. "Well, good morning, Sunshine." Damon said from behind me and I turned to him to see him in a towel and I rose an eyebrow. "You had such a nice dream about me that you had to come over here first thing in the morning? I mean, it's not even eight yet." He added and I shrugged.

"Fine. I guess Elena and I will just bring Stefan home, by ourselves." I countered, walking back towards his door before he vamped in front of me and I smirked.

"What are you talking about? Where is he?" Damon asked, furrowing his eyebrows and I folded my arms over my chest.

"Windy City." I answered and Damon scoffed at my answer.

"He's in Chicago? How do you know?" He asked in disbelief and I walked away from him and back over to his dresser.

"It came to me in a dream.. You know, besides the one where we were both hot, heavy and naked." I replied, looking over my shoulder at him and he smirked, walking over to me. "You would have loved it." I added, opening his underwear drawer. "Elena's downstairs so you gotta pack." I stated, pulling out a pair of whitey tighties and raising an eyebrow at Damon in amusement.