The Interrogation

November 6th, 2038, 12:41 AM

Ana's POV
I leaned on the wall by the door watching Uncle Hank interrogate the deviant.

"What happened before you took that knife? How long were ya in the attic?" The android didn't say anything.

"Why didn't you even try to run away?" Nothing again.

"Say something, goddamnit!!" Nothing for the third time.

"Fuck, it, I'm outta here." Uncle Hank leaves the room. I sighed. I feel so bad for him. But when I was gonna ask him, Conner comes in.

"You're damaged." No dip, Sherlock! "Did your owner did that? Did he beat you?" I suddenly remembered seeing those burns on his arms when we were in the attic. Was the victimless abusing his android? If so, I really can stand people. Then, Conner grabbed photos to show the android.

"You recognize him? It's Carlos Ortiz. Stabbed, 28 times." He picks the photo and show it to him.

"That was written on the wall in his blood....I'm not gonna hurt you. I just need to ask you some questions, so we can understand what happened..I'm here to help you. But you've got to trust me. All I want is to get you out of here. Listen, I'm on your side." I scoffed. After that shit you pulled in the attic, you would have been where we found him and left him altogether. "I want to help you. But there's nothing I can do if you won't talk to me." The android looks at Conner, then me, then, at the window.

"What....what are they gonna do to me?" He asked. "They're gonna destroy me, aren't they?" My heart sinks to my stomach.

"They're going to disassemble you to look for problems in your biocomponents. They have no choice if they want to understand what happened." Conner said.

"Why did you tell them you found me? Why couldn't you just have left me there?" I looked at Conner. Oh, I want to hear this.

"I was programmed to hunt deviants like you I just accomplished my mission." Then, I saw the android's LED turn red and yellow.

"I don't want to die." Markus didn't want to either. I felt a tear but I quickly whip it but anyone noticed.

"Then talk to us."

"I...I can't." He looks down.

"I understand how you felt." What did Conner just say? "You were overcome by anger and frustration. No one can blame you for what happened. I know you're scared and lost. You're disturbed by what happened. Talk to me, and you'll feel better. Confess and I'll protect you. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you." Nothing. Conner sighed and then, grabbed the folder and smack it down the table.

"28 stab wounds, you didn't want to leave him a chance, huh? Did you feel anger? Hate? He was bleeding, begging you for mercy, but you stabbed him, again and again and again!" Conner said, poking his shoulder. When did this change from good cop to bad cop shit?

"Please. Please leave me alone." He was shaking.

"I know you killed him. Why don't you say it?"

"Please stop...." He begged. Conner went to the other side, smacking his hands down.

"Just say 'I killed him!' Is it that hard to say?!"

"Stop it, stop!" Conner grabbed his shirt, pulling him up.

"JUST SAY YOU KILLED HIM! JUST SAY IT!"

"ENOUGH!" I yelled and pull Conner back.

"Can you see you're fucking scaring him?! It's not helping!" I yelled.

Then, I turned to the android and help him sit down. "It's ok. I won't let him touch you again. Please tell us what happened and prove your innocent. I believe you did nothing wrong so prove me right. Please, I don't want to see another innocent android die." I begged.

"He tortured me everyday....I did whatever he told me, but there was always something wrong...then, one day...he took a bat and started hitting me...for the first time, I felt scared. Scared he might destroy me, scared I might die...so I...grabbed the knife and I stabbed him in the stomach....I felt better." Then, he looks up. "So I stabbed him again and again! Until he collapsed....there was blood everywhere."

"The sculpture in the bathroom, you made it, right? What does it represent?" I asked.

"It's an offering...an offering so I'll be saved." The android replied.

"The sculpture was an offering..."

"An offering to whom?" I cut Conner off.

"To rA9....only rA9 can save us."

"rA9...who is rA9?" The android looks back down. "rA9...it was written on the bathroom wall. What does it mean?" Conner asked.

"The day shall come when we will no longer be slaves. No more threats, no more humiliation..We...will...be....the masters." The android said.

"Why did you write 'I AM ALIVE' on the wall?" Conner asked.

"He used to tell me I was nothing...that I was just a piece of plastic...I had to write it. To tell him he was wrong."

"You're right. You aren't a piece of plastic." You're a being." I whispered and he smiled at me.

"Why did you hide in the attic instead of running away?" Conner asked and his smile was gone.

"I didn't know what to do..for the first time, there was no one there to tell me...I was scared...so I hid."

"When did you start feeling emotion?"

"Before he used to beat me and I never said anything...but one day, I realized it wasn't fair. I felt...anger. Hatred. And then I knew what I had to do." I went to him, squeezing his shoulder to reassure him and then walked to the door.

"I'm done." Conner said, getting up as well.

Then, the android start banging his head on the table and that's when Uncle Hank, Gavin, and the officer came in.

"Stop it, goddamn!" Gavin yelled, pushing the officer to the android but the officer was pulling him back.

"I-I can't! I can't stop it!"

"That's enough! You need to stop that right now!" Conner said, firmly.

The officer took his key out and unlock the handcuffs that was attaching the droid to the table. When that happen, the android takes his gun and aims it at me.

"WATCH OUT!" Uncle Hank yelled.

The android shot Conner in the head and then killed himself.

"Holy shit.." Uncle Hank said and looks at him. I lean against the wall, tears build up and Uncle Hand gave me a hug, scared that I was the one that was gonna get shot. I lost myself again.