....To A New Future!

Ana's POV

My head is spinning as I come to, hearing explosions and gunfire. "NORTH!" Markus yelled. I blinked my eyes in order to see. I look to my left and see a grenade landed. Markus dived for the androids that got up to get them out of the way in time. ARGH! I got up and ran to help other android that was down. I helped him get behind the blue trash bin. I turned seeing Markus run to me, taking cover. I turned to my left, seeing an android run to the body that was shot. Markus went around me, pulling a metal sheet from the trash bin and ran. I ran next to him staying at his right for him to cover me. I pushed to the android to keep moving. I ran to help another android that was dragging an injured one. I almost got shot till Markus was able to block it with the metal. I saw two android tried running, but soldiers aimed at them. Markus pushed the bin in time, making the shots hit it. I helped the androids to the blue bin placing him down. I heard noise behind me seeing soldiers get on top of cars.

"ANA!" Markus yells my name as he had his hands together for me to boost me and jump at the solider pushing him to make him fall back and kicked the other soldier from behind to fall in front of Markus to take his gun away. The soldier tried going for the handgun, but Markus took it before he could. The soldier raises his hands in defeat. Markus unloads the gun and I did the same with my two guns. I ran out of bullets so I throw the guns at them. I jump down and he grabbed my hand, making me run behind him to the other androids' direction. We went to them, but they stopped by the bus. I turned seeing soldiers closing in on us. We're trapped. I looked at Markus as he squeezes my hand then let's go. He turns to North and she did the same. They connect their hands together and lean in, giving one last kiss. I didn't want to give up, so I took a couple steps towards the soldiers and took a deep breath.

"Hold on just a little while longer. Hold on just a little while longer. Hold on just a little while longer. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright." I sang.

"Fight on just a little while longer." An android walking up and sang with me. "Fight on just a little while longer." More of them joined me and sang as well. "Pray on just a little while longer. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright. Sing on just a while longer. Sing on just a little while longer. Everything will be alright. Everything will be alright."

"Alright, Perkins!" I yelled out. "My name is Anastasia Roselyn Williams, the niece of Lieutenant Hank Anderson. And I am a human being. I care for these androids. I treat Markus as my older brother without a care in the world that he is a machine. He protected me and taught me ways that I can never express. Yes, he was ordered to obey, but he had a free will. His old owner, the one he was provided to care for an old man. He didn't mind at all. He didn't treat Markus as a machine either. Markus saw him as a father figure and I could see the connection between them, the same love and care I have with my uncle. If caring and protecting the things you cherish most, fighting for them means being an android than I am as well. So....go ahead and kill us, but it will not stop us from being free!"

The soldiers still had their guns aimed at us. I felt someone holding my hand. I turned to my left and see Simon has held it. Someone else is holding my right hand and it was North. She stood tall and was ready to accept her fate. Markus held her other hand and Josh held his other hand. The rest of the androids joined in, ready to accept their fate. I'm so sorry, Uncle Hank, I don't know how you're gonna cope with my death.

Then, the soldiers brought their guns down and walked away....what? What is going on here? I looked at my sides and they were confused as I am. Then, I looked straight head and my heart raced with happiness. Tears fell from my eyes as I ran straight to Connor.

November 12th, 2038; 12:01 AM

Connor walked up to me, opening his arms for me to jump into. I hugged him tightly as he spins me around and we kissed. We heard footsteps behind us. He did it!