The Attack On Jericho

November 9th, 2038; 9:34 PM

Ana's POV

I stood by the door way of the room after changing into a new pair of clothes Markus gave me. I had to give his jacket back to him. I looked up to see an android coming. She looked at me and froze.

"Don't worry, I'm on your side. No, I'm not an android, but I hope that doesn't change that I'm also trying to fight for your freedom." She shakes her head. "I'm Ana."

"Kara." She said, we shook hands.

"Did you and that little girl make it? Is she alright?" She nodded.

"We need help. Do you know where Markus is?" I pointed to Markus that was sitting down thinking. She thanked me and walks in.

I heard them talking about leaving Detroit. It was better for Kara and her family to stay here until things die down outside. I went to get info for us, but they were rounding up androids. I heard it on the news.

After she walked away, I walked to the spot where she once stood. "Did you have doubts that humans and androids can't have peace?" I asked.

"A bit. After all this. It's getting harder to lead, but hearing that. I guess that's what it means to be alive." He stood up. "To protect the one's we care." I smiled. "Come on." Markus said, putting my hood over my head.

"Hey!" I giggled.

"We have to get to the top. North, Simon, and Josh are waiting for us." I nodded, taking my hoodie off and followed him to the top of the ship. As we made it, Markus stood next to the chair looking out to the cloudy sky. I walked next to North. I found out that she was his lover, I did kind off embarrass him a bit. I mean that's what siblings do. She didn't like me at first till she realize what I done to help and being his little sister. Then, Josh spoke up.

"We're short on blue blood and biocomponents. Our wounded are shutting down and there's nothing we can do."

"President Warren is saying we're a threat to national security and we need to be exterminated." Simon said.

"Humans are conducting raids in all the big cities and they're taking androids to camps to destroy them." North pointed out.

"It's a disaster. They're slaughtering out people!" Simon cried.

"It's all our fault. None of this would have happened if we'd just stayed quiet!" Josh spat, looking at Markus.

"It's not Markus's fault. It's not all of our fault." I stated. "It was bound to happen sooner or later. With Markus leading, staying quiet, or another android stepping up trying to do what they can to gain your freedom."

"We couldn't just suffer in silence, they're killing us! Nothing is gonna justify that!" Markus said, looking at him then North.

"What's the point of being free, if no one is left alive?"

"Humans made you'll slaves. You rather die as a slave or be free?!" I spat.

"I'll never regret standing up to that." Markus said.

"We shouldn't forget who our enemies are. We can't fight amongst ourselves." Simon said, getting between the two.

"He's right." North backed him up. "All that matters now is what we do next." She looks at Markus. "Markus?"

"Dialogue." I looked at him. "It's the only way. I will go alone, try to talk to them one last time."

"Don't do this, Markus." North said.

"The hell you'll go alone." I said, walking to face him.

"They'll kill you!" North said.

"Maybe, but I have to try, North. If I don't come back, lay low as long as you can." Markus said.