A Visit From Connor

November 6, 2038; 7:51 P.M.

Connor's POV
I walked towards Amanda. "Hello, Amanda."

"Connor, I've been expecting you. Would you mind a little walk?" I walked to her, opening the umbrella, above, the stood by her as we walked. "That deviant seemed to be an intriguing case. A pity you didn't manage to capture it." Amanda said.

"I have no excuse. I should have been more efficient."

"Did you manage to learn anything?"

"The walls of the apartment were covered with drawings of labyrinths and other symbols. Like the other deviants, it seemed obsessed with rA9."

"What else?" She asked.

"We found its diary. Sergeant Williams showed me it as as I skimmed through it. It was encrypted. It may take weeks to decipher."

"You came very close to capturing that deviant....how is your relationship with the Lieutenant developing?"

"He seemed grateful that I helped save his life in the roof. He didn't say anything, but he expressed it in his own way."

"And his niece, the sergeant. Sergeant Williams, what about her?"

"She is very intriguing. But she is very helpful finding the clues of the deviants. Much skulls to her intellect that is useful." I said. Suddenly, I remember her blue eyes, when they shimmered in the sunlight. Her brown hair blowing lightly in the wind. It made my heart skip. She's so beautiful, she's like an angel. Wait! What was that? I can't develop feelings for Ana, that would make me deviant myself.

"We don't have much time." I turned and face Amanda, not even realizing that I have walk ahead of her. "Deviancy continues to spread. It's only a matter of times before the media finds out about it. We need to stop this, whatever it takes."

"I will solve this investigation, Amanda. I won't disappoint you." I said, determined.

"A new case just came in. Find Anderson and Williams and investigate it." She said, walking past me. I opened my eyes, hearing the taxi speak.

"You have reached your destination. Thank you for traveling with Detroit Taxis. We look forward to seeing you again soon." I stepped out as the doors closed and drove off. I walked to the front door knocking.

"Lieutenant Anderson?" No answers I ringed the doorbell. Nothing. "Anybody home?" I walked to the left to a window but it was covered. I went back, looking at the window on the right side. I see a dog. I kept walking to go around the house. I found another window, looking through it. I scanned, seeing Hank on the ground unconscious. "Lieutenant Anderson?" I pull my elbow up and broke the window. I took steps back and jumped in, hitting my back, but turned to sit up to see the dog. "Argh!....Easy!....Sumo." Sumo walked closer. "I'm your friend, see?" He's a bit bigger than I have imagine. "I know your name. I'm here to save your owner." Sumo walked away to go to the bowl.

I stood up, walking to Hank, then kneeled down. I notice the alcohol and the gun. I examined his mouth, seeing traces. I went down, seeing his heart was ok. "Lieutenant?" I raised my hand, slapping him a bit on the face. "Wake up, Lieutenant!" He went back to sleep. I smacked his face harder. "It's me, Connor " I grab his arm. "I'm going to sober you up for your own safety."

"Hey!"

"I have to warn you," I said.

"Leave me alone!"

"This may be unpleasant." I finished.

"You fuckin' android! Get the fuck outta my house!"

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant, but I need you." I said, standing him up, "thank you in advance of your cooperation."