The Path....

November 11th, 2038; 10:56 PM

Ana's POV

I stood next to Markus as we walked down the street of downtown. I looked up and saw helicopters fly over us. Reporters recording us. Markus started marching toward the camp which was our signal to follow. As we marched, I remember Markus telling me to go back to my people but I refused. My place is with my people. The androids. I walked next to Markus as he stops, looking at the Camp. I was on Markus's right with Simon on my right, North on Markus's left with Josh on her left as well. Then, he spoke, "We don't want confrontation! We are protesting peacefully!"

"I repeat: surrender now or we will open fire!" A soldier yells out. I turned around and see an armored truck was right behind us. No point of escaping now.

"There's no turning back." Markus said to us. "We ask that you release all androids detained in camps and cease all aggression against us. We are peaceful. We will not resort to violence. But we are not leaving until our people are free." Markus announced and started to march again.

"FIRE!" The soldiers yelled. Markus pulls me behind him. This makes us stop for a bit. He's hesitating. I give him a push letting him know I'm behind him and to keep going. He starts marching again and I wait to line up with North, Simon, and Josh and started to march with them.

"FIRE!" More androids went down behind me. I got angrier as we came to a stop. Markus raised his hands up. We did the same, including me.

"Are you gonna open fire on unarmed protesters?!" I yelled out. I see the soldiers hesitate. I look to my left, seeing other reporters taking pictures of what's happening.

"All teams hold your fire!" I let out a sigh of relief.

"Markus, what do we do now?" North asked.

"We hold out...as long as we can." Simon and Josh nodded.

"Let's make a barricade just in case." Simon said. Markus nodded. Sime leaves with Josh and called some androids to come with them. North grabbed some androids and went to the other side of the street. I hope Connor is alright. I felt a ruffle in my hair and look at Markus.

"You still have a chance. You can still leave. They'll allow you."

"Fuck that! I'm fighting with you. My uncle did something remarkable being the youngest Lieutenant in the department, inspiring young kids. Carl became one of the amazing painter known that made others express who they are. You made androids stand up and fight for hope, giving that to them. Let me do the same for myself. Let me fight for your people. Let me show you that I am as remarkable as you are. Sounds bad since I haven't done nothing remarkable in my family." I sighed.

"I'm sure you will. Come on, let's help." Markus said. I nodded.

I walked to the side where there are tires. They are too heavy until three female androids came and help me. I know two of them were from the Eden Club, the two I let go. We smiled at each other as we move the tires to the barricade. We continue to building the barricades until I notice some androids are injured. I ripe pieces of my huge jacket and use it to wrapped it around their wounds. They were grateful. I stood up and looked around.

"We've got to finish the barricade! Come on, help me!" Markus yells.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back.

I helped Markus, Simon, and Josh pushed the last car into the barricade. I got up and waked to an android who was on his knees near where the other androids who had died. I got on my knees and he looks at me with hatred in his eyes. Markus came over as well.