Chapter One

Chapter One:

It was just another first day of school for me. I hated how I was. Forever stuck at 17. Some would say it was a blessing. But to me, it’s a curse. If you knew my story, you would understand how I became the way I did. So many times I tried to end my life because I was different, because no one would believe my story but of course I couldn’t die on my own. Someone else had to kill me. And what would I look like asking someone to kill me?

I straightened my long curly hair that now reached my waist. That stopped growing too and if I cut it, it would never grow back. I looked into the mirror of my one bedroom apartment. I had a lot of money saved up and I do mean a lot but I didn’t need it. I could just think of what I wanted and poof, it would be right there in front of me. That’s why whenever I looked up cute outfits on the internet, they would be in my room ready for me to wear the next day.

Today, my outfit was a tight fitting tan dress that ended right under my bum. The sleeves came to my elbows and topped the outfit off with a hat and tan TOMS. My hair was pinned to the left side under my hat. I grabbed my bag and began to walk the familiar streets of London.

It’s been a while since I’ve been here; the place that started my existence. The familiar town that made me hate myself all together. I don’t know why I came back here. There are so many other places I could go. That’s another advantage I have with being this way. I could make everyone forget about me, about them seeing me, about them knowing me, everything that I wanted them to forget. I sighed and watched my hot breath mix with the cool air of London. I was about to cross the street when I felt a presence right behind me.

“Louie, slow down!”

“Watch out for that girl!” The tires screeched as I was about to keep the car from hitting me. Oh, there are so many things you don’t know about me.

I was glaring at the dark tinted window when I looked at my reflection and remembered I forgot to put my colored contacts in. “Shit.”

Five guys jumped out of the black van that they were in. Two came out the front two doors while three of them came out the back. “Oh my gosh are you okay,” a boy with dark black hair and tan skin asked. He was the darkest out of all of them.

“Lou didn’t hurt you did he,” a boy with plaid stripes on asked me, sending daggers to a lad wearing strips which I guessed was named ‘Lou’.

“It’s not my fault Harold had my attention in the back,” he defended.

“You should learn to keep your eyes on the road then. I’ll save the rest for when we get home,” a boy with curly hair said while winking. This must be Harold.

“Guys, there’s a girl here that we almost ran over,” the next lad that was standing between Harold and Lou said. He had blue eyes and brown hair that was blonde at the top. Those eyes looked so familiar…. And then it hit me. “Are you alright, love?” His thick accent rang out in my ears.

“I think she’s in shot,” tan guy said putting his hand on my back, leading me into the van. My legs didn’t move so he picked me up and placed me inside.

“Should we take her to the hospital,” Harold asked while sitting next to me. Blondie sat across from me while Tan man sat on the other side of me. Lou sat in the driver’s seat while Plaid sat next to him in the front. They soon began to drive away.

“Can you at least tell us your name,” Plaid asked turning around to face me, concern in his eyes.

“Lilianna,” I managed to choke out, never leaving Blondie’s sight. I finally managed to tear my gaze away as I felt someone’s arm slip around my waist, pulling me close to them. I turned and noticed it was Tan guy.