Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

Harry POV

Niall has been gone for about a month now. Andy’s growth has been slowing down but she looks more like a little girl now. Her hair is long and wavy, just like Lilly’s. Her hair was a dark brown and it was the most beautiful thing ever. She was really pretty and looked like Lilly more and more each day. She goes outside sometimes but only in the backyard to play. Liam didn’t want to send her out just yet.

“Harry,” she said coming into the living room and sitting next to me.

“Hey there sport. What’s up?”

“Daddy’s coming home today.” Her words surprised me.  Not that Niall was coming home today. It’s just that she called him dad and that she knew he was actually coming home.

“Who told you that?”

She hid behind her hair. “Liam.”

I rolled my eyes. “Liam!” I stood up. “Andy, how bout you go play outside with Zayn, yeah?”She nodded her head and skipped outside to where Zayn was sitting down in a lawn chair.

“You called me mate?”

“Why did you tell Andy that Niall is coming home today?”

“Because he is… I don’t see what the big deal i- you don’t want him to come home.”

“No,” I defended. “That’s not it.”

He crossed his arms. “Then enlighten me Haz. What’s this all about? You’re overprotective over someone that isn’t yours.”

“I don’t know, okay?!” I sat back down into my spot. “I… I don’t know. I just feel like… there’s something I’m supposed to do. Like, I’m always supposed to be there for her. I can’t stand the fact that she isn’t mine. She’s rightfully mine.”

He sat down next to me. “Who told you she was rightfully yours? You knew Lilly didn’t like you in that way. She was in love with Niall. It’s not going to be a repeat of last year. I’m not going to let you hurt Niall again.”

“I’m not trying to.”

“Then stop doing this to him. Let him have what is his.”

I rubbed my eyes, feeling a headache coming on. “Yeah, whatever.”

“I mean it Haz.” He stood up and walked into the kitchen. Everyone was on my case about this. It’s not like I take things from Niall on purpose. It just… happens.

“Hey Haz,” Lou said as he plopped himself down on the couch across from me. “What’s wrong?”

“You might not understand it.”

“Try me.”

I ran my hand through my hair. “I just… I just feel like I’m supposed to be with Andy all the time. I don’t know what it is but I feel like I need to protect her. From what, I don’t know but I know I have to be there.”

He nodded his head. “I’ve seen how much closer she is to you than the rest of us. There’s something going on with you two and maybe Niall knows or his mum knows something. We’ll get some answers soon.” He patted me on my back. “We’ll get some answers, yeah?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah.”

Niall POV

I was standing outside the door of the house. I don’t know why I was so nervous. Maybe because my daughter was on the other side of that door. Who knows what she thinks about me. I’ve been so mean and ignored her the whole time she was here. I also wonder how big she is now being that it’s been a month since I was gone. She looked like she was 4 the last time I saw her. I wonder if she looked more like a kid now. I sighed. I reached for the doorknob only to have it open without my help.