Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

Niall POV

I held onto Lilly’s hand tightly as we were walking back to the hotel. Paparazzi were everywhere shoving their cameras in our faces. Harry and Mel were in front of me while Liam and Zayn were behind me with Lou on the other side of Lilly trying to hide her. Questions were being thrown but surprisingly Lilly didn’t answer any one of them. She just kept her head down and kept walking.

Fans were coming from everywhere which I’m glad we had Paul and Andy to help us out. We didn’t want to take the car since it was a ten minute walk back. Seeing this now, I think we should’ve taken the car. The paps just wouldn’t give up for anything.

She squeezed my hand, looking up at me and trying to calm me down. I smiled down at her, knowing that she was actually mine and mine only. Of course, tonight she won the bet but we never really talked about what the prize would be for the winner. I’m not really scared though…maybe just a little.

Just then, I heard a thumb and a small whimper come from beside me and I instantly knew that she fell due to being pushed. I snapped then. I quickly picked her up and then turned to the guy who did it. He had a huge smirk on his face; that is until I took his camera and broke it on the concrete. I shoved him back and got into his face.

“Don’t you ever touch her again. Stay the fuck away from her,” I snapped. His face turned into anger and if Zayn hadn’t been there along with Liam, I think the guy would’ve charged at me. I really didn’t give a fuck at this point.

More people got into our faces because of this and Paul and Andy instantly rushed us home. I took another route though. I grabbed Lilly who was leaning on Louis and ran down a small street. She was slowing me down so I just made her get on my back. I stopped in an alley way about a couple feet from the hotel. The cool air was calming me down slightly.

As I leaned against the brick wall, I pulled her small body to me. “Are you hurt,” I asked her nuzzling my head into her neck, taking in her smell.

“Not really,” she mumbled into my chest but somehow I could tell she was lying. I didn’t notice it until now but she had been limping as we ran away. I instantly felt bad and angrier at the same time.

“Don’t bullshit me. I need to know what happened. Are you okay? Did he push you,” I asked sternly making her look me in the eyes. If he hurt her in any way, I would surely kill him.

“I need you to calm down first,” she whispered while running her fingers through my hair. She knew me so well.

“Please,” I pleaded, knowing that if I didn’t find out right now, I would go back there and punch him square in his jaw.

“I might’ve twisted my ankle when I fell being that I wore these heels.” She slightly smiled at me which I instantly knew was fake. She was in pain.

“Or that guy is a douche,” I added angrily, wanting to really go back and punch the hell out of him.

“It’s their job. Don’t worry about it. I’m fine, you’re fine, the lads are fine, we’re all fine, okay?” She searched my eyes, waiting on my answer. I noticed slight fear and panic in her eyes and as soon as I saw it, it started to fade away. I slowly began to calm down as well.

“I promise I will never let that happen again, okay? I won’t let them hurt you.” I pressed my forehead to hers, my eyes slowly closing shut. She nodded her head against mine and I gripped onto her waist tighter, holding her as if I let go, I would lose her. “Answer me, please,” I pleaded; needing to know that she understood me.

“Niall, I know that you promise me but you can’t stop them from working. They’re going to be relentless and sometimes we can’t always protect each other. If I couldn’t handle it, I wouldn’t be here with you right now.”