Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Niall POV

Things for the past week have been going great. Lilly would show me some of her ‘powers’ and everything that she could do. It really fascinated me. At night I would try to sneak into her bed and sleep with her, I mean, if your girlfriend/boyfriend were living with you, you would do the same thing too. I’d rather not sleep alone. Some nights I got away with it, others, not so much.

I turned over in my own bed, the sun light shining through my blinds. I only slept for maybe an hour or two because it felt like something was wrong, not with me, but with someone else. Like something bad was going to happen soon. I got up and decided to see if Lilly was awake.

I walked past Harry’s room; it’s weird that the extra bedroom would be next to his. I shook it off though. I opened the door slowly to Lilly’s room and I expected her to be in the bed, she wasn’t. “Lilly?” I walked over to her bathroom and I saw her there clutching onto the loo. “Lilly.”

“Go away Niall,” she said out of breath.

“Have you been throwing up?”

“I said go away.” She then turned her head to look right at me. Her normally bright, shiny yellow eyes were now dull and lifeless. Her smooth hair was now in knots and looked dead. There were bags under her eyes that almost looked black. Sweat was all over her face and her hands were shaking.

“How many times do I have to tell you I’m not going anywhere?” I walked over to her and pulled her onto my lap. “What happened?”

“Someone’s coming,” she whispered.

“What?”

“There are others….like me.”

“How do you know that they’re coming?”

“It’s this sense type of thing.” She coughed. “When one is near that didn’t change you or that was made at the same time as you, you both become weak and then just…die.”

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?” I put a strand of hair behind her cold ear. And then it registered. “You want to die.”

“Niall…”

“Why Lilly?” I could feel tears stinging the corner of my eyes. “Why do you want to die? Why do you want to leave?”

“It’s not safe for you Niall, me being here. They will kill you.”

“If you die, I die. I’m not leaving you. Not now, not ever. Do you understand me?”

“Niall…”

“Do you understand me?” By this time, tears were already falling from my eyes to her cheek. She didn’t answer me; all she did was stare at me.

“Why do you care,” she finally said after awhile.

“Why do I care,” I repeated. “I care because you’re like no one else I met before. I care because I promised you forever. I care because…because you’re apart of me, you’re apart of my life Lilianna. I owe this to you.”

“Niall, you owe me nothing.”

“I owe you everything.”

“Lilly there’s someone here to see you,” Louis said coming into her room. He soon came to view in the bathroom. “What happened?”

“Nothing Louis. She’s sick,” I snapped back a little too quickly. “Who’s at the door?”

“Some really hot chick saying she knows Lilly.” She tensed under me. “Harry’s chatting her up right now.”