Chapter Four Part Two

Chapter Four Part Two:

“Who are you?” His eyes showed terror and fear.

I shook my head, my hand still on my mouth. “I have to go.” I got up and tried to walk out of my room, out of this house but his arm grabbed my wrist.

“Wait.”

“Niall, let me go.”

“I won’t till you talk to me.”

“I have nothing to say.” Tears were basically coming out of my eyes now, stinging them and making them red.

“Then I talk, you listen.”

“I said let me go,” I screamed at him, my powers taking over to control his mind. I felt my contacts evaporate showing my real eye color as my eyes glowed.

His eyes widened but he still stood his ground. “No.”

This time it was my turn to act shocked. “You’re… you’re not fazed by me?”

“Why would I be?”

“Just the fact that my eyes just glowed yellow and you didn’t move nor scream or do…anything for that matter.”

“Were you trying to do something to me?”

“I was trying to make you let go of me but it seems like my powers don’t work with you.”

“Come here.” He pulled me with him back on the bed, his back against the headboard and his legs crossed. I sat across from him in the same state. “Who are you?”

“Niall….”

“No more secrets Lilly. Tell me who you are.”

“Can’t we just-“ He gave me a stern look. I sighed. “I’m Lilianna and I’m from England, old England.”

“How old?”

“1800s.” His eyes widened but he still looked at me. He nodded as if to tell me to go on. “I was 17 when I met you, you’re…ancestor I should say, your descendant. We were what you call dating back then. I call it courting since that’s what it was. You were courting me for a whole year before everything changed.” I took another breath as to make sure that he was still listening. “It was my 17th birthday. We were coming from a walk at night. No one was around which kind of scared me but I felt safe with you so it didn’t bother me. You pushed me up against a building forcefully talking about living forever. I thought you were mad. And then I saw your eyes change. I screamed. I slapped you and I ran. I thought I was away from you until you cornered me into a dead end. I pleaded for you to stop but you kept coming near.” A tear slipped out of my eye as I continued to tell the story. “The pain was the worst I’ve ever felt. I thought I was gonna die. It lasted for what seemed like hours but was only minutes. You changed me into an immortal.”

“But how come I don’t remember anything?”

“It’s because it was a descendant of yours. It wasn’t really you. What questions me is how you don’t have any powers, how you’re completely human.”

“Maybe I’m not the guy.”

“If you weren’t, you wouldn’t have witnessed all you did when you kissed me. You wouldn’t feel as if you know me like you do. I’m certain that it’s you.”

He came closer to me, putting his hands around my waist and looking me straight into my eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For making you this way. No wonder you told me to stay away. I caused you pain and literally forever. I probably crushed your dreams.”

“But you didn’t do anything,” I said putting emphasis on the ‘you’. I started chuckling.