Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen:

Lilly POV

“Hold my hand you muppet,” He said as we walked down the park. I rolled my eyes and put my small hand into his big one. “That’s better.”

“You’re so cheeky.”

“I like holding hands. It shows that you’re mine.” I lowered my head as I blushed. “Are you hungry? Because you didn’t eat when you left.”

“I can go for some food, yeah.”

“Ever have a hotdog,” he asked pointing at a hotdog stand. I shook my head. “You can’t say that now.” He tugged my arm over there, ordering two chilli dogs. He put mustard and ketchup on his. I just put ketchup on mine.

I leaned over and smelled his. I crinkled my nose. “It doesn’t smell very good.”

“Don’t knock it until you try it.” He stuffed the hotdog into his mouth. I just chuckled to myself. “Well c’mon.” I looked down at my food then back up to his eyes. “It’s not going to bite you. I’ve never seen anyone afraid of a hotdog,” he said laughing.

I became brave and took a bite. I kid you not, it was like having sex in my mouth. I don’t know how this groan slipped out of my mouth, but it did. “How did I miss out on this?!”

“I don’t know but that groan was the sexiest thing I’ve heard come out your mouth.”

I shoved him. “Shut up. That’s the last time you will hear that.”

He shook his head like a little kid. “Noooo.” I just laughed as we continued the walk down the street. “We have to have sex in every state we are in.” I glared at him. “I’m just teasing you. I’m not like Harry.”

“Which reminds me… do you remember Mel?”

He shook his head. “Who’s Mel?”

“Harry’s new girlfriend who’s my model for my project. I got them together.”

He hugged me from the side. “I’m sorry I don’t remember her.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “At least I’m not the only one you forget.”

“I told you I’m sorry about that,” he snapped.

“Niall, calm down. I know you are. I was just stating that-“

“Do we really need to talk about this? I don’t need you to keep reminding me. I’m trying as hard as I can.”

“Niall, stop.” I pulled his arm, making him stop with me in the middle of the sidewalk. “I’m not mad that you forgot about me. It’s not your fault and I know that you’re trying. I was just stating something that made me feel slightly better. It seemed like you remembered everyone else so now I have to try to make you remember everything we did by reliving it. I’m not blaming you for anything and I guess I’m not helping by reminding you. I just want the old Niall back. I liked him.”

“I’m trying as hard as I can Lilly.”

“And I know you are.”

“It’s just… I keep drawing blanks. Like there’s this person in my mind when I remember something because I’m talking to them but it’s just a blank space, like someone cropped them out. I’m guessing that person is you.” He squeezed my hand. “I’m trying to be that old Niall.”

I ran my fingers through his now brunette hair. It was his natural hair color and I actually like it better like this. It makes him look older. “You should be the Niall you want to be, not the one I want you to be. I should love you either way, which I do.”