chapter 4

Fuck!  Why now!  I tried it again and knew I wasn't going anywhere.  I had to be up at 5 am no sleep for me I guess. I searched around for my wallet and became more frustrated.  I left it at home.  Thank god I had a running tab at the bar.  I laid my head on the steering wheel and just wanted to he in my bed.  Suddenly I heard a knock at my window.  I jumped on my seat and looked it was Shannon.  I opened my door and he was smiling.  Me" hi "  He held out his hand and there was my wallet. Oh my god there it was!  S" you dropped this on the floor ".   I grabbed it and got out of the car.  To thank him.  Me " where did you find it? ".  S" remember when we bumped heads, it was in the same spot ". I laughed and looked in his eyes.  Time stopped once again. His eyes had there own power. S" I will let you get going so.....".  Me " my car isn't starting ".   UE grinned and I knew what he was thinking.  S" need a jump? ".    Me" sure ".  He went to his car and got cables and cane back to my car.  He connected them up and started his car up to jump mine.  He came back over and I watched as he was bent over my car.  Nice sight!  Hot!  He got in my car and it didn't start.  Damit!  I sat on the curb and held my head in my hands.  He turned off his car and pulled the cables off of mine.  I felt a hand on my back.  S" let me take you home..... Your home not mine ".  I laughed and said " ok that would be fine ".  I stood up and grabbed my coat out of my car and locked it up. His car smelled so good, like a well dressed man.  He turned on the air and locked all the doors and we were off.  S" so are you gonna tell me what you do for a living? ".   I looked at him and said " I'm a nurse..... Well an intern for now. ".  S" see that wasn't that hard now was it? ".  I laughed and he reached over to  shift the car  and our hands collided.  He looked at me and smiled I looked away.  S" your the shy type huh?'.   Me" my house is down the next street ".  He turned and pulled into my block and I watched as my house came into view. He turned into my driveway and turned off the car.  Silence.  Me" thank you for the ride I appreciate it ".  S" your welcome ".  I tried to open the door it was still locked and I glanced his way and he smiled.  S" sorry ". Door opened and I got out and closed it behind me.   I felt his eyes on me as his car pulled away. I walked inside and set my keys on my counter.   Fuck it, I'm just gonna crash on my couch. As Shannon pulled into his driveway, he could hear something vibrate and he looked down and could see something light up on the seat.  S" oh my god she forgets everything! ".  He grabbed it and sure enough I had forgot my phone on his seat. S" she wants this, she's gonna have to come and get it.........hmmm I have an idea "