chapter 32

Lord its been a busy busy day and I still had seven hours to go!    Calls going off left and right, oh and I was working the chemo ward.  I had never seen so many people smiling. They had this incredibly terrible diagnosis but not one person I came across wasn't smiling. It warmed my heart.  A loud scream was heard coming down the hall and I ran to it.   Once I got there I was floored to see it was only a round child who dropped her doll on the floor nothing serious. 

I picked up her doll and smiled when she said thank you.  Her " thank you for saving misses buttons ".   Me" oh that's a cute name she a beautiful doll, she must be very special to you if your that upset she was on the floor ".   She laid back on her bed. That's when I noticed, she had a cap on her head and IV in her tiny little arms.  Such a strong young soul still smiling through all of this. She inspired me to take another look at my own life and stop complaining about the small things that shouldn't matter anyways. 

I sat down with her and we talked about her childhood and cartoons the sweet things in life.  This young soul was all of 8 years old. I turned on the little mermaid and forgot the world and leaped into her mind. Going back as a young girl, happiness filled my heart. 

Soon as we began to enjoy the movie, my phone buzzed.  It was Shannon and it was urgent.  Me" I will be right back ".  I got up and through this better be important.  I called him up and he wanted to know about lunch I explained I was a little busy with a little lady.   He laughed and understood.  Suddenly I felt like i wanted to throw up.   I hung up and ran to the bathroom . I barely made it losing all I had eaten earlier. 

Minutes later I decide not to call Shannon , and instead go visit my angel and finish our movie.  Maybe I ate something that didn't mix with my tummy. I was in shock when she turned to me and pointed to my stomach and said " baby in there ".  Say what?  How could she?  No way! 

I went by the store and bought a test and just to be on safe side I took one.  Hell if its negative at least I would know.  Shannon wasn't gonna be home for half hour or so. Ok test is done just have to wait a bit.  I made a cup of coffee and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese, I was gonna go back to worm anyways so. Done ok now time to check the test. 

I took a deep breath and entered the bathroom. Oh.....my......god! I was positive! I'm pregnant! She was right!  I couldn't wait to surprise him she he got home.