chapter 16

I didn't wanna do anything to mess my relationship with Shannon. Me" do I know you? ".  J" no but I wanted to talk to you if that's ok? ".   I texted back " I don't know if Shannon would care for that do you? ".    J" probably not but I was just wondering if you were doing ok ". Me" why would you wanna  know?  Not to be rude but I just don't feel right talking to you if Shannon doesn't know".   J" well if your gonna be a rude bitch I will leave you alone"  I didn't respond.

Weeks later, I had an appointment to get my ankle checked. I had  Brandon pick me up to take me to the doctors.  Me" I don't know what I'd do without you I really appreciate it ".  B" my pleasure babe".    He smiled and we headed out.   Doctor" so look like we can put a walking cast on you so your more mobile how about that? ".  I was elated and so happy to be back on my feet.  I stood up and it felt good to be able to walk.   On our way home  we stopped at the restaurant to get some dessert on this hot day. B" so feel better now that your walking again? ".  Me" yes ".  I missed his company and how we used to be best friends and were tight.  The break up was bad but it seemed to have never happened now that we were getting along so well.  Me" thank you for everything ". I stood by my door and he leaned in and hugged me and kissed my cheek just as  I looked over his shoulder to see Shannon pulling up in my driveway. His eyes were dead on me no smile, no expression I knew a fight was coming.