Chapter 36

How could he even ask me that? He knows how much I have to work and he wants me to just up and leave it all behind. S" I'm sorry I just wanna be with you,  keep you close to me that's all".  Me" I'm a nurse Shannon!  I can't just up and go with you! ".   S" why not?  You not love me? ".   Oh fighting words! Me" I'm done talking to you! ".   I walked past him and he grabbed my hand and pulled me back in the room again. S" I'm sorry, I just wanna spend time with you ".   Me " I get that but we will  be fine if we are apart ok ".    He backed away and was hurt. 

I didn't wanna deal with him and his guilt trip.  Off to work at last.  I wanted to get back to normalcy again. My floor was busy and that made me happy.  Next few hours flew by in and out of rooms,  meds,  vomit and lots of yelling in pain and that always killed me. I hated seeing anyone in pain.  The alarm went off in room 6 and I made my way there.   I wasn't prepared for what I walked into.  This couldn't be happening.  No!  Not him. S " I took the corner to fast and yea ".    Me" I swear your accident prone I need to put bubble area around you ".   He grabbed my hand and pulled me down to his lips.   Me" you make me so mad yet I can't help but love you ".   He carress my face and said " your my world jewels,  you and I have a date with a priest in three days ".    Me" we.......we what? ".    S" your gonna get a dress,  I already have my tux you and I are getting married ".    He smiled and rubbed my arm.   Me" you mean it? ".    S" of course I do ".   I hugged him tight and was so beyond happy.  He was gonna be my husband in a few days,  and I was going to have his last name.  I couldn't ask for anything more.