Chapter 2~ The Forest

"Well these certainly aren't very merry men are they?" Rosaline piped up. Rumple smirked and Belle stifled a laugh. That moment had passed and now the battle was to begin.

"CHARGE!" The bandits had come around the trio.

Rumplestiltskin had launched a few men into trees, rendering them unconscious. Belle was doing quite well for herself, this was her chance to show that she wasn't a helpless bookworm. She could get used to being the heroine.

"Belle! You think we can back to back this?"

"It'd certainly cover us more!" So Rosaline and Belle fought with their backs to one another's, while Rumple launched them, defeated, into the woods.

Soon the battle had been won. The group rejoiced.

"You know, you weren't half bad. Either of you. Rumplestiltskin you certainly can handle magic, if I do say so myself. Belle...You can kick some serious tail with a sword." Belle had begun to blush slightly.  Rumplestiltskin spoke.

"If you don't mind to tell us now, seeing as we have the time to do so, where did you come from exactly?"

"I'm going to guess from the same land as you two. The Enchanted Forest." Now it was Belle's turn.

"I can't recall ever seeing you in Storybrooke."

A silence fell.

"Storybrooke? Which village is that?"

"Village? It's a town. This is..this isn't home."

"I thought that but a town? And which world could we be in?"

"Maine." The girl had only confusion on her face. Belle turned to Rumple.

"Rumple? What do we do with her? She can't go into town looking the way she does. People will know that she hasn't been here..."

A bone-chilling wind blew.

"Or leave her here in the cold." He began to think. He whispered to her, they glanced over at her and back. Belle spoke.

"Would you...would you like to come with us? We could get you situated here in town."

"That sounds....wonderful actually, so long as I'm not intruding upon you.I don't want to be a burden."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

So what do you guys think so far? Do you prefer longer or shorter chapters?