Chapter 12~ Fair-Play

Henry's PoV

"So Rosaline which part of the Enchanted Forest are you from?"

"The...same one as everyone else I'm guessing. Seeing as we're all here."

"Did..did you have parents back there?"

"That's a good question. One I unfortunately don't have an answer for. The thing is, I never knew my parents or really anyone until now."

"Well I'm glad I am getting to know you. You're practically the only person here anywhere close to my age besides my classmates."

I wonder if she could fight..if she would teach me..David was always busy and Hook mostly knew pirate rules and was busy with Emma.

"Do you enjoy books Henry?" I think bookworms run in this family.

"Yes. Especially the worlds with princes and sword fighting."

"Do you know how to use a sword?" Great, she lead right into my question.

"David was teaching me but he's become quite busy. Do you know how to wield a sword?"

"Oh I see. And as a matter of fact I do. Would you like to practice after lunch?"

"Yeah!! That'd be so cool Aunt Rosaline!.....Could I call you aunt Rosaline?"

"Whatever you like. Call me Rose if you would like to."

The library door opened and in walked a unfriendly and unfamiliar stranger.

"Who the hell are you two?" This stranger seemed surprised that there wasn't just Belle here.

Rosaline stepped in front of me. We stood our ground. I began to reach for the police alarm button under the counter, please work.

"I said, Who. The. Hell. Are. You."

"Stay back or you'll be sorry." Rosaline was on the defensive side. Almost got it..

"Ha, what's a little girl like you gonna do. Curtsy me to death?" I could tell by her body language Rosaline didn't enjoy being talked down upon.

"You've got the death part right..Now..Leave..or I'll make sure you never walk again."

"Oh I'm so scared. You don't have Rumplestiltskin here to protect you now girly. No sword either." Some dust of sorts was now thrown into Rosaline's face. She waved her hands to clear the air.

Rosaline's PoV

Was this the one behind the bandits in the woods? He had to be. No one else knew about that encounter. And I don't need my sword to harm you.

"Henry....Whatever happens I'm still the same person alright? I will never harm you, only those who seek to try and harm my family and friends. They'll get what they deserve."

He nodded but was now behind the counter doing something. I turned my attention to this intruder. It was then that Belle walked in.

"Belle get out of here!" The bandit looked and attempted to grab her. You aren't laying a hand on my mother. I had moved Belle behind me.

"Why you little!"

"Rosaline who is he?!"

"Just stay down with Henry! I'll die protecting my family if that is what must be done!"

"My favorite sentence. So little girl what can you really do?"

Bring it. I'll show you little girl.

"Ahhh!" His lunge left him vulnerable. Transporting my sword to my hands was quick work and I soon had a few slashes along his side.

"Not so little am I?!"

"You'll get yours wench!!" And he stumbled out of the library then disappaited.

Catching my breath, Emma and David had ran in hurriedly.

"Why'd you press the alarm kid?" Emma was concerned but still focused on her son.

"Well there was something but it's gone now."

"Belle? You have anything to add to that?"

"No..I had just gone to Granny's and when I got back it was practically over. Now we're okay. I think."

David looked. Perhaps me standing there with slightly bloody sword wasn't the best thing.

"One, who are you? And two, why is that sword bloodied?"

"David..I can explain.."

"Belle, I'll take this."

"You know her?" Both of the Charming's were in sync.

"She's my mother..."

The world went black. My body hit the floor. I was freezing. I had no clue what was going on, all I could hear was yells.

"Rosaline! Rosaline! Wake up! Don't you dare close those eyes..."

I can't move.