Chapter 6~The Newcomer

The dinner had passed on when Belle added in plans for the weekend although it was a couple days away.

"Mother is coming to visit...and I don't know what we're going to say about Rosaline."

"I could be....How long has it been since you'd seen her? Depending on how long I could pose as different people."

"Many years..I had no idea she had even been in Storybrooke."

"Belle, I have an idea but I would prefer to say in private before I put any ideas in Rosaline's head."

"Of course Rumple."

Rumple's PoV

Would this idea go over well? Would I seem too eager for a family? What reaction would come from my newlywed wife? Is this all because of Bae trauma?

"Rumple what did you want to tell me?"

"Cou-could, would you, I mean you don't have to, what I want to say is would you want Rosaline as our own daughter....?"

Belle's PoV

Had Rumplestiltskin...the Dark One...my true love...my husband...just ask if I wanted to pass off a young almost-woman as my own daughter? Our own daughter? Was this a hint of Rumple wanting a family again? I'd teased the thought about in my head before but it'd never really gone from there.

"Are you sure? I'm completely for the idea if you are." His face was thoughtful and decisive.

"Belle? No matter what happens, if anything happens, I love you." I held him in a warm embrace.

"And I you.....now are you ready to....have a family again?" He nodded.

Rosaline's PoV

What were they talking about? I was nervous even though I barely knew this couple I had felt this strange bond. They felt already more important to me than I could explain. Oh, what was wrong with me?

"Rosaline?"

"Yes, Rumplestiltskin?"

"Belle and I were talking and..."

"We wanted to know if...if you wanted to....be our daughter?"

"And not just pretending...You'd be a member of the family."

They wanted me as their daughter? Me? Someone they just met? I would have a family. People that would be there for me and I for them. I would have a home..home...

"Absolutely!" I embraced them both. "A family...that's something I've never had."