Chapter 3~ Welcome to Storybrooke

The newfound trio had walked back to Rumple's car. Then confusion arose.

"What kind of carriage is that? There's-there's not any horses. How does it run?"

Belle's PoV

With her last few questions I'd figured out that she really hadn't been here before. Or if she had she'd never been into town at all.

I looked at Rumple.

"She really hasn't been here. Has she?"

Gold shook his head. Then turned towards our car and opened both doors.

"In you go dearie."

Third

Rosaline was now weary of this new world. How much did she not know?

Belle's PoV

"Its safe right?" This had been the only fear the young woman had shown.

"Oh yes, it can be quite safe. Now, hop on in and we'll head to the main city." Rumple was being quite the encouraging man at the moment. It was nice to see more good come out of him than darkness.

Rosaline slowly got into the car.

"Do you- do you have any parents Rosaline? Anyone who may already be here?"

At this she became almost downtrodden. But she began to smile slightly.

"No..I mean they might be..probably not...could they?" She looked up for a moment. "Can I tell you both a truth?"

Rumple and I nodded in trust.

"I don't know who my parents are. Not just here but...any realm..I've grown up fighting for what was right and survival the moment I could."

"Would you want to live with Rumple and I?" I looked over at my husband who, surprisingly, was agreeing. Did this girl remind him of someone?

"Only if you really do want me to. I could clean and cook for you two if that would ease anything."

I reached from the front of the car and hugged Rosaline. Maybe I could be a surrogate mother for her? It would be quite the experience and adventure.

Rumple had driven into the main city and Rosaline, as expected, was looking around quite curiously.

Rumple's PoV

Belle would make a wonderful mother for this girl. Gives her a chance. Now she had her new family.

"That dearie is Granny's Diner. The burgers are quite delicious. Just ask your mothe..uh...Belle..." Way to be a suave man of words Rumple. Looking over at Belle she was blushing.

"A burger? What type of dish is that? And what's a diner?"

"Sometime we'll have to drop in and you'll get to taste some. How's that sound?"

"Fun. And you said Granny's Diner..who's Granny?" Now it was Belle's turn.

"You know..I think I have just the thing to have you know everyone in town without meeting any of them. Just so you can...blend in."

Gold turned down towards the library. Belle nodded her approval.

"Welcome to Storybrooke."