Chapter 8~Mommy Dearest

"Oh, the food is done!"

"Belle. Slow down or you'll drop something."

The doorbell rang.

"Belle...did you want to greet her or?" Rosaline was trying her hardest to adjust.

"Of course!" Rumple took the food from Belle to the dining room table.

Belle's PoV

Whew, OK, here goes, you dressed nice, you've dressed everyone up, all the food's prepared, Mother is here. Oh god, mother is here. No, you've got this. Now just open the door...

"Belle? That couldn't be you. You're all grown up. Last time I saw you...you were barely writing now see what you've become."

I wasn't holding back the happy tears anymore. They flew down my face as I hugged my mother.

"I missed you so much..." We stayed like this for a few moments. Until a pair of brown eyes and brown hair popped around the corner. I let go.

"Ready dear?" My mother's eyes slid down to my hands.

"Mom, this is Rumplestiltskin...."

"Her happily wedded husband." Her face was lit.

"You're married?! Belle! That's wonderful! But are they're any more surprises I need to know about?"

Oh you're going to have a ball with Rosaline.

"Dad?" Her green eyes peeked out.

It was amazing how fast she'd adjusted to calling us her parents, and yet I'd felt the same way towards her as she thought of us. Maternally bonded, although I'd never had a child of my own.

Colette's face was livid now, no words came out of her mouth.

"And this..Is Rosaline." Still nothing.

"Hello. You must be..?"

"Colette. Well Belle's mother." She looked over for affirmation. "Your....grandmother."

Colette's PoV

I'm a grandmother. Belle is a mother. Belle is married. Rumplestiltskin is my son in law. I have a granddaughter. All of this before I've barely gone in the door.

"Well then its a pleasure to finally meet the legendary Colette. Er-Grandmother.?"

I guess so. But legendary was pushing it.

"Hey Mom why don't you come in and we can catch up over dinner? After all that was the whole idea."

Such a sweet woman my little girl had become.

"Right over here."