nine

"We've been studying for three hours! Give us a break!" Nott exclaimed angrily, raising his hands up in exasperation.

"I gave you a 10 minute break 30 minutes ago, and another 10 minutes an hour ago, and so on. Don't complain and do your assigned task. Unless you want another bat-bogey hex sent to your way." She glared at the older boy menacingly, causing him to quickly grab his wand and try once more.

Throughout the whole lesson, the only tolerable students were Emilia and Narcissa, who were surprisingly decent. They asked questions when they needed to, and kept their thoughts to herself. Couldn't say the same to the three other boys though. They've thrown a few insults at her, which she didn't bother with, until she sent each one of them a bat-bogey hex to shut them up. That managed to shut them up. The girl could be absolutely terrifying when she wanted to be, and not that the Slytherins would admit it, but she was an amazing tutor. 

The older students found out that the Gryffindor was very much tolerable, and Narcissa finally knew why her little cousin adored the girl so much. She was extremely kind, when she wants to be, and she's bloody intelligent. They managed to grasp the concept of Transfiguration quicker then they did before, it was a huge progress.

"Now, do it gently, but sternly." She told the blonde.

"Can't believe I'm letting a blood-traitor boss me around." Lucius mumbled to himself.

"Well, this blood-traitor managed to help you succeed on four of your Transfiguration topics, didn't she? Unless you want me to transfigure you into a ferret, pay attention to your wand movements." 

Out of the five Slytherins, Emilia was the most stunned at the girl. Lyra barely took offense to any of the boys' insults, she simply rolled her eyes, and threw a hex to shut them up. And even though she might treat them slightly harshly, she was extremely patient for dealing with 5 prejudiced Slytherins. Not everyone could've done that.

It was no secret now that the girl would be an amazing teacher, the Slytherins managed to perfect the Vanishing Spell, Switching Spell, Bird-Conjuring Charm, the Inanimatus Conjurus Spell in the matter of four hours. It would usually take weeks, and even months to perfect one spell. Right now, they were practicing the Human Transfiguration spell, which was very advanced, and would be one of the hardest spell on their N.E.W.T's.

After Lyra took note of their progress, she nodded in satisfaction before telling them to take a break. She handed them a glass of butterbeer each, to which she earned a few surprised looks. It was extremely hard to get Butterbeer from the castle.

"Alright, Great Job today, I want you all early for the next session. Here's a schedule for your tutoring sessions, and remember, No tardiness. Now, off you go." She sternly said, before dismissing them.

As the Slytherins packed their stuffs up, Emilia walked over to the younger girl to thank her for her assistance. This seemed to take the girl aback. Lyra simply smiled warmly at the older girl, telling her it was no big deal. The five Slytherins exited the room with a strange look on their faces.

"I can't believe bloody McGonagall assigned us a younger girl as a tutor. A blood-traitor, nonetheless." Rosier huffed to his friends.

"You can't deny though, she's a bloody good teacher." Narcissa retorted,

And as much as the other Slytherins wouldn't like to admit, they knew she was right. Lyra Hyperion was one bloody good teacher.

------

"Hey, where have you been all day?" Remus frowned at the sight of Lyra entering the portrait. 

The girl turned towards the scarred-boy with a warm smile.