twenty eight

The next morning, Lyra woke up to the sunlight directly hitting her face, and she groaned lightly. She then noticed a heavy weight draped across her waist, and when she looked down she noticed it was a muscular arm. She turned around and saw James Potter sleeping peacefully, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

Smiling softly at the sight, she felt her heart warm up. She raised her hands to tuck a strand of hair that fell out, and brushed his hair back, admiring his face features, using her fingers to trail over it slightly.

Damn, was this boy attractive. She thought.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." The deep husky voice snapped her out of her trance, and she felt her cheeks warm.

"Shut up." She mumbled, hitting his chest lightly.

James' eyes flew open at the action, a small smile graced his face. "Morning love." He greeted her, a lazy smile on his face.

Holy fuck, his morning voice is hot  She thought,

'Ew, mum. That's disgusting.'   She heard Harry's voice call out to her.

Her face flushed a deeper red, remembering that she has Harry's conscience. She was having sinful thoughts of his father, and he was right there on her mind. She decided to lock him away on the deeper part of her mind, despite his protests.

It was embarrassing that she forgot he could hear her thoughts if she didn't store him away.

"Morning." She replied with a small voice, still too embarrassed to speak louder.

James cooed at her small voice, finding it adorable with the way her lips were pulled into a small pout, and her wide eyes were staring at him, and the added red cheeks made his heart melt.

Merlin was he absolutely smitten for the girl.

James simply resorted to burying his face on the crook of her neck, placing a soft kiss there which made her whole body shiver at the contact.

"How was your sleep?" She asked quietly, playing with his hair.

"Lovely." She heard him mumble from her neck.

The shot of vibration ran through her body, and Lyra felt something from the pit of her stomach stir, butterflies erupted from her stomach.

"What time is it?" The boy broke the silence, comfortably laying on top of her now.

"7 past 10."

James hummed at her reply and said,

"Let's stay this way for a little more." And they did.

-------

"So, Prongs. Mind telling us where you ran off to last night?" Sirius asked, as he dropped beside James in the Great Hall, reaching for a piece of toast.

"Fell asleep on the common room." He replied.

"Did you?" Remus hummed, flipping a page over his book, "Alone?"

"With Lyra." The bespectacled boy replied, a toothy grin plastered on his face.

"Whipped." Peter whistled, and James smacked the boy on the back of his head.

"Don't be like that, Wormtail. Our dear friend here is just falling in love." Sirius cooed, pinching the boys cheeks with his right hand, which was swatted away.

"Shut up, Padfoot." He grumbled.

"Whipped." Remus nodded, looking at Peter in agreement.

"I am not whi- Hello, love." The boy greeted the incoming girl with a soft smile.