thirty two

Lyra looked worriedly to her left, where Sirius was laying still unconscious after four days. She bit her nails nervously, a habit she had from her previous life. Honestly, screw Sirius and his stupid arse.

Let's recap everything that happened the few days earlier, shall we;

Lyra, Sirius, Narcissa and Regulus had paid a visit to Gringgots with Sirius disguised under Polyjuice potion as Lucius, and Lyra under the Invisibility Cloak behind them. The plan went real smoothly until they were inside the Lestrange's vault.

Lyra had specifically told them not to touch anything, and levitate the Cup of Hufflepuff. But of course, Sirius and his stupid arse can't stay still. The huge amount of ego caused him to act so rashly and something peaked his interest. And what did you're asking?

A pair of fucking silver earrings.

Honestly if he wanted jewelry, he could've just asked any of his friends for one, or Lyra who had hundreds of unused jewelry, but of course, Sirius fucking Black had to steal one, from his psychotic cousin in law's vault.

So that led them here now. With Narcissa back home completely unharmed, only a headache from how stupid her cousin is.

Turns out, the pair of ear rings were cursed, and no one was able to touch the reckless teen. Lyra had to levitate the boy discreetly from under the cloak. Regulus muttered about how stupid his brother was all the way back.

The goblins eyed them strangely when they saw a passed out Lucius Malfoy levitating in air, only that they did not question them once Narcissa curtly said, "Cursed jewelry."

The goblins simply nodded in understanding, knowing the Lestrange's had tons of cursed and dangerous objects on their vault.

Once they returned home, which was back at Lyra's place, the only empty house considering her parents were at work. They moved Sirius just before Lyra's parents got home, and the Potter's questioned his state.

"He tried to steal something from someone, turns out it was cursed." Lyra lied, and Fleamont facepalmed.

But his state became concerning when he did not wake up the next day, or the next, and the next.

"Merlin! He's so stupid! A pair of silver earrings, really? They're not even pretty!" Lyra ranted,

"Now look what he's gotten himself into? A temporary coma, hopefully." Lyrasighed, and James watched his girlfriend amusedly while leaning against the door with his arms crossed.

"Are you done, love?" James chuckled,

"Shouldn't you be concerned right now?! Your best friend is in a coma!" She exclaimed,

"He's just being dramatic." James commented, straightening his posture and walking over to her. He wrapped his arms around the girl and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"He's going to be fine, sweetheart." James comforted her,

"What if he doesn't wake up?" She asked softly, her voice slightly breaking,

James, noticing the crack in her voice, frowned and cupped her cheeks, guiding her to look at him. He stared at the girl with so much love in his eyes that Lyra turned slightly red. He then smiled a small smile and slowly leaned down to give her a gentle kiss.

Lyra wrapped her arms around his neck on instinct, responding to his kiss very quickly. Their lips moving passionately, while James tightened his arm around her waist.

"Bloody Hell!" A voice exclaimed, and Lyra jumped from the sudden voice.

She turned around quickly to see Sirius staring at them with an expression full of disgust.