fourteen

There was another plan. An important one. She had learnt from experience, that to win, she would need everyone. No keeping people from the dark, like what Dumbledore did with his cryptic Riddles. She slightly resented him for that, instead of being straight forward and telling them what they needed to know, he kept everyone in the dark, and kept the information to himself. 

It was no doubt that Albus Dumbledore is the greatest wizard of all time, but he was far from perfect. He does not think thoroughly of his plans, and he does things that would make him feel better. And keeping secrets from them, costed them their lives. If he had told them everything they needed to know in the first place, everything would have been easier, and they wouldn't need to risk their lives every year.

So, that was exactly something she would not do. She won't keep everyone else in the dark. They had the right to know what they were facing, and this was their fight.

The last plan, was to gather students from her year, and teach them self defense, and duel. She had to train everyone, and prepare them for war. By everyone, she meant the ones she knew would be willing, and the ones that would do anything to save their friends. But she was going to make sure nobody dies. She had to.

If she remembered correctly, everything went to shit during the marauders' second term of fifth year. That would give them two and a half year to train for battle. This was going to be a very important role of the Wizarding War. She also had to teach them how to resist the Imperius curse, and teach them Occlumency. It was going to be very difficult.

But this was Lyra Hyperion, or previously known as Lilith Carrington. If there was one thing she was, it was ambitious. She needed this. She needed everything to turn out perfectly.

If anyone asked about her source of information, she would have to say that she has visions. Which was technically half-truth, considering she does have visions of things that happened in her past life. She needed to be careful, traitors were most likely to appear during the war. She needed only a few people she could trust with her life. 

Including Peter. She knew it was reckless of her to trust someone who had betrayed his bestfriends in her past life, but her Peter Pettigrew grew up differently. The Peter Pettigrew she knew, was a coward, who grew up under the shadow of his best friends, and being not a good enough. But her Peter Pettigrew grew up to be a brilliant wizard, and the marauder who executes their plans. He did not grow up to be an outcast, nor did he grew up being a shadow. It was going to be different. She knew it.

During her planning of Voldemort's ultimate downfall, Regulus had finally finished reading and instead led his attention towards his best friend. She was staring blankly at her journal, a dry quill on her hands. She's been on this trance for over fifteen minutes, and he was beginning to get worried.

"Ly?" He called out to the girl softly.

Lyra quickly snapped out of he thoughts and jumped at the sudden voice.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I got distracted." She grinned sheepishly.

"What were you thinking about?" 

"A few things. I was planning on making a self-defense club next year. Merlin knows we need it." She let out a long breath.

Regulus felt himself go tense. He knew it was a start of Dark times. He heard his mother talk about how there was a Dark Lord who was starting to gain power and was planning to take over the Wizarding world. It was almost like Grindelwald alll over again.

"Yeah. Merlin knows we need it." He whispered.

----

Another full moon tonight. That would mean it was time for the marauders to shift into their animagus form tonight. The plan was that Lyra would keep Remus company inside the shack, while the three other boys would be taking the potion, and shift for the first time, on the entrance of the shack under the Whomping Willow.

As soon as the moon hits it's peak, Remus began shifting, there was no signs of struggle, or pain. Considering her potions worked, he no longer felt pain during the transition. On the first floor of the Shrieking Shack, the three boys glanced out the window to see the full moon on it's peak. They immediately downed the potion Lyra gave them, and cringed at the taste.

However, they immediately shook the feelings away, and began chanting the incantation.

Soon enough, the three began shifting, and they felt their surroundings shrink, and James' eyesight became four times better. The now three animals jumped joyfully around the room, before hearing a loud howl and snapped out of their actions. They sped towards the second floor, and towards the room Remus was in.

The door was slightly opened, and Prongs used his antlers to push the door open. The stag, the dog, and the rat entered to see two figures snuggled up together.

Lyra was sitting on the corner of the room, and a wolf was curled up on her lap. She glanced at the three animals and gestured them over, to which they complied. The werewolf opened one of its eyes to take a peak, and saw three other animals appear in the room.

Moony slowly got up from his position, and slowly walked towards the three animals. He leaned down and pressed his snout towards the three animals, and licked the black dog. The four animals started chasing each other around, and Lyra noticed the room was actually quite small, so she spoke up.

"You can go ahead and play in the forest. Come back before dawn, though. Alright?" She told them, the four animals gave the girl a nod, before rushing out of the shack and journeyed to the forest.

A few hours later, the sun was beginning to rise, and the marauders decided it was time to head back to the shack. It was around 4 in the morning, and they had 6 more hours until class started. They still had time to rest in the shack. Meanwhile, Lyra had been frowning at the sight of the building that was a mess.

It was one of her hobbies, decorating places. So she decided that the Shrieking Shack needed a makeover. She started off with a few protection spells, and some defensive borders from outside the shack. Then, she placed a spell on the entrance of the Whomping Willow so that no one else could enter through without her permission. Of course, it was a very tricky charm, but what could Lyra Hyperion not do?

Right after she finished with the protective barriers around the shack, she started cleaning the first floor. Using a simple spell, the whole place was cleaned in a matter of few minutes. There were no dusts left, and no traces of mud on the wooden floor. However, the room was still quiet destroyed, considering the wooden floor and walls were mostly teared. So, she began replacing the floor and the walls.

Soon after, the room became clean, and brand new. However, it was still dark, and she lit up the fireplace. The walls were now a beautiful shade of brown wood, so was the floor. After the room was finished, she began furnishing it. She conjured up a couch, a coffee table, and a few comfortable cushions. There was still a large empty space though. And considering Remus would be stuck in his wolf form for a few hours every month, she decided it was going to be a comfy place for the wolf to rest in.

She conjured up a few more cushions, and a mattress. Placing it on the floor, she neatly made the mattress, before conjuring up a few soft blankets so he wouldn't get cold.

However, there was still another large empty space, and she decided to do the same for the three other boys, but this time she placed it all together in one place. Smiling in satisfaction at the now furnished room, she made her way towards the second floor. Repeating all the steps to renovate the room, she quickly waved her wand around, watching everything fall into place.

'Damn, if I were ever to lose my magic, I should become an interior designer.' she thought to herself.

Then, she conjured up an extremely large mattress, and placed it in the middle of the room. Covering the mattress with tons of blankets, she began placing cushions all over, and conjured up some floating fairy lights for an aesthetic. Then, she placed a table on the side of the room, for foods and snacks. On the other side of the room, Lyra conjured a shelf, with books placed neatly on it. Various types of books were there, fantasy books, school books, spells, charms, hexes and jinxes, Quidditch, Dark Arts, and sorts.

Placing a few other touches, such as butterbeers, wardrobe for blankets, a clock, and a vinyl player, she was finally done. Outside, the Shrieking Shack looked exactly the same, however the inside was completely different. Lyra also made sure her spells worked, she didn't want anyone else visiting the shack.