seventeen

James Potter was a spoiled boy. He grew up as an only kid. His parents, Euphemia and Fleamont Potter were struggling to have children. They always wanted a huge family, but they couldn't. SO of course, it was a miracle when James Potter was born. They were fairly old, on their mid 40's nearly 50 when he was born.

And considering he was a miracle, the couple spoiled him like hell. However, he grew up to be a good person. Except that he was still a bully towards Severus Snape, and is extremely prejudiced towards the Slytherins. It was because of his Gryffindor pride, of course. Being a good person doesn't necessarily mean you are perfect, nor that you never made any mistake.

Because Severus Snape was no saint either, he was a rude and egoistic person towards others, except his two best friends.

But, it seems that he finally grew out of his phase, too quick. It was all because of a certain girl named Lyra Hyperion. Still, he wasn't completely out of his bullying phase. But, he did learn more manners towards the Slytherins, just a little bit.

However, he did grow up four years with his three best mates, and Lyra. That would also mean that he would face her wrath if she ever found out the vile things he did towards her friend. And she did found out eventually, and he paid a great price for it.

Everyone had seen the wrath of Lyra Hyperion, and they were sure they never want to experience it.

Currently, the teenager was sitting on his bed, the Marauders map on his hand, and he watched as footsteps filled the whole map. And a name caught his eye.

Lyra Hyperion had just appeared out of nowhere. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he saw it right, but it was too late, because she was already walking towards her next class. He thought it was probably his terrible eyesight, but he was sure that her name wasn't there before.

Not giving it any other thought, he jumped out of bed and grabbed his bag to head down to his next lesson, which is Transfiguration, his best subject.

----

The first term went by like a flash, they were all now back home for Christmas, and Lyra was about to hand out invites to her Christmas Ball in the Hyperion Mansion. As soon as she finished the last bit of writing the addresses, she grabbed the pile of letters on her table and walked towards the owlery in her home.

The Hyperions had about thirty owls, most of them for the letters her father needed to send out to his work, and for her mother who would distribute letters to the families of her patients.

Lyra gave each owl a few letters to deliver, and made sure to give them a humble amount of treat so they wouldn't be hungry on their journey. Just as she sent off the last owl, her father called out to her,

"Sweetheart!"

"Yes, Pa?" She answered loudly, walking towards her father's office.

"The Ministry said we could visit them today, after lunch." He informed her

"Alright, I'll go get the submission letters." She nodded, before walking back towards her room to grab a few other letters for the Ministry.

The small family then proceeded to eat lunch together, because it was her mother's week off, since it was nearing Christmas. They made small talk while eating lunch, it was moments like this she lived for. Lilith Carrington never had any parent figures, and being reincarnated was a blessing and a curse to her. Because she had a chance to fix everything, and a chance to feel what it felt like to have a family.

It was also a curse, because knowing the future isn't as amazing as it sounds like. It terrified her to know when her friends were going to die, or what was going to happen a few years from now.