thirty three

Disclaimer: Really big time skips, I wanted to summarize the plot as soon as possible, because if the plot was too long, I'm afraid I would lose interest on writing this story. But I will make it very clear, and drop some questions if you're still confused about something! Oh, and this story would probably be about forty chapters.

There was only one more horcrux to obtain, and Lyra was nervous as hell. It was currently the end of July 1976. Which meant, Lilith Carrington should have been born a few months back, but when she had paid her past parents a visit, turns out they had moved to France the year before.

She was extremely grateful for that, because she knew that if her past self was born, things would get really messy. Also, the fact that she was planning to save her past parents from death, but now she didn't have to, and she hoped that they would live a happy life.

The past 6 months, Lyra had been growing wary of the Slytherins, excluding Regulus and Severus. She found it hard to believe that they would betray her after everything she's done for them, but she had to expect the unexpected.

Currently, her suspicions were on Rosier, he had been disappearing a lot, and she rarely saw him during meals. But he always attended her tutoring sessions. But she knew they wouldn't be able to say a word about her story. Even then, she was still scared that someone would tattle about the stolen horcruxes.

Other than that, she had started a secret dueling club after Dumbledore had agreed. She had a whole lot more students than she first expected it. It was probably due to the fact that more deaths and attacks appeared on the Daily Prophet each day.

She was extremely sad about this, no teenagers had to learn how to survive on such a young age.

The information spread secretly, only by a few people she trusted, who told their friends. She had no idea which one would join the Dark side, but that wasn't what she was worried about. No matter the side they choose, they deserve to learn how to duel. But, she did make a smaller club for those who she trusted, mostly the First Order in her previous life, which was included as The Prewett twins, The Marauders, Edgar Bones, Emmeline Vance, Frank Longbottom, Alice, Lily, Dorcas, Marlene, Mary, Regulus, and Severus.

She trained them harder then the others, because she knew they played a huge part on the First War, and most of them were killed. She did not want that to happen. Lyra was willing to save everyone else, but those who knew her secrets knew that she couldn't save everyone. SO they were more than willing to help.

In the end, the dueling club would pay off.

---

She was getting more paranoid. It started when she saw the Daily Prophet, a family of half-bloods were attacked, and luckily, there were a bunch of Aurors on watch that night. She would've thought it was some other attack that happened, but the family attacked, was Alexander Wood's.

She knew better. Alexander was Oliver Wood's father, and she knew he had just been born on February.

Thankfully, the family was okay, but Oliver's mother, Liliana, was injured.

In her past life, Oliver nearly lost his mother during an attack. But St. Mungos healers managed to save her just in time. Which was why she had told her father to send a group of Aurors to keep watch the area.

No one could have known.

But she was proved otherwise.

Someone had either read her letter to her father, or someone from the Auror department was defected. And she knew it was the latter.

The Slytherins had graduated, As planned, after Lucius and Narcissa had gotten married, Lucius was sent off to recruit Igor Karkaroff, which delayed his marking. No one from the group had been marked, luckily, and Lyra knew she had to move fast.

She had to retrieve the last horcrux before either of the Slytherins got their mark. If she didn't they would have been forced to bare the mark, there was no escape for them. The Death Eaters had grown restless, keeping an eye to each one of the possibly future death eaters to make sure they were silent.

Greengrass worked as a Healer now, and Nott worked in the Ministry. Rosier didn't bother working, instead he frequently stayed at home. They had no lessons from Lyra now, but Lyra was slightly content because she knew they had learned well.

Kreacher had told Regulus about his journey with Voldemort. It was too quick. He shouldn't have hid the locket until next year. Things were changing, and Lyra didn't like it one bit.

Her sixth year was full of tutoring and teaching the dueling club.

September, back to tutoring and dueling.

October, preparing batches of potions for the incoming war, because she had a feeling it was soon. Real soon.

November, started teaching more healing spells and charms

December, keeping track of the Ministry with her family. Making sure batches of Veritaserum were still there, Moonbeam and Wolfsbane were working efficiently for the werewolves.

January, more tutoring, more dueling, and more attacks happening.

February, a month to relax from all the stress she had.

March, They were recruited to the Order. Too soon, War was coming earlier.

April, Tutoring once more.

May, A break from everything after exams.

June, everything went downhill.

-----

There was something wrong, Lyra knew it. The number of attacks were increasing everyday, the hallways were suddenly dark and gloomy. Everything was starting to get messy. Lyra stared blankly at the ceiling from the boys dorms.

Peter and Sirius were off to detention, Remus was off tutoring Mary and Marlene, while James was sitting beside her on his bed.

"Come on, love." He sighed, reaching to intertwine their hands together.

"I don't get it." She started, "Everything was going so well.."

"Hey, It's not your fault, Angel. You couldn't have known." He said softly.

"That's the problem, James!" She shouted, "I should have known! Everything was getting better! Sirius and Regulus was out of that house, Severus and Lily did not have a fallout, Remus was getting better and was starting to accept himself, no students were attacked!" She exclaimed frustratedly.

"When did everything go wrong?" Her voice cracked, and James rushed to hold her.

"You couldn't have saved everyone, love. This is war, someone's bound to get hurt. Everything changed the moment you were born, sweetheart. It's not your fault." James cooed, pressing a soft kiss on her head.

"You can't do everything yourself, Ly." James told her softly, caressing her cheeks.

"I know." She mumbled, tearing her eyes away from his face.

"Me, the lads, the girls, Mum, Dad, your parents. We're all here for you."

"I know. And I'm thankful for that. But I can't risk any of you getting hurt, or killed, James. I don't know what I'd do if any of you were killed." She finally broke down, sobbing quietly to his chest.

"Shh.. Let it all out, Angel. Just let it all out." He whispered, running his fingers through her hair.

"I can't risk it, James." She sobbed.

"I know, sweetheart. I wouldn't know what to do with myself either if any of you get hurt. Especially you, love. I'd go mental."

"But I can't let you do this on your own. I'm not letting you get hurt because you want to save everyone." He continued.

"I can't lose you." James whispered, holding her close to him.