six

The first term past like a blur. She went home for Christmas to spend time with her family, and the next week she was back to Hogwarts. She missed being home, Christmas made up the time for it. This term though, she had to focus on her finals. She knew that it would be a piece of cake for her, but she couldn't say the same for her friends.

Lyra helped her friends study, you could say she tutored them in a way. Peter especially, the boy had improved so much and she was extremely proud of him. 

Right now, she was retaking every note on a journal. It was extremely colorful, and neat. The writings were separated on each topic and subtopics, which made the subject easier to study. She meant to give the book to Peter first, who struggled the most, but when Sirius entered the library and noticing her journal, he immediately perked up and claimed the journal first.

"This is for Peter, Sirius." Lyra explained.

"You were going to make one for me anyways, why can't I have that one first?" He whined.

"Because, Sirius, Peter struggles more than you do. He needs to start studying earlier." Lyra sighed exasperatedly. "Besides, you don't even study until last minute!"

"I'm sure Peter can be held back for a few days, please.." He pouted, ignoring the last aprt of her sentence.

This took her aback, Sirius never said please.

"Fine. But I want your finals result above E's. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, ma'am!" He saluted.

Lyra rolled her eyes playfully and gave him the book.

"If you lose this, I won't write next year's summary." She gave him a look.

----

The rest of the month passed by rather quickly, and right now she was sitting under the tree nearby the Black Lake along with Lily and Snape, talking about their upcoming finals, which Lily was already frantic about.

"Calm down, Lils. There's no need to panic, we all know you'd pass with flying colors." Lyra rolled her eyes while laughing lightly.

"You don't know that!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, but we do." Lyra and Snape said in sync, who then threw each other looks before smirking to themselves.

"What?!"

"You're one of the most talented witch I know, Lils. Calm down, you'll pass." Lyra assured her.

"Alright, alright. I'll calm down." She breathed out.

Their peace and quiet were interrupted by a group of four boys laughing loudly, occupying the silence that was previously available. Lily and Snape glared at the group, while Lyra watched the four boys trudge towards them unamusedly.

"Did you need something, boys?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I'm glad you asked, Ly. We were actually wondering if you'd like to join us in pranking the Slytherins, rather than staying with Snivellus over there." James grinned, before scowling at the half-blood Slytherin.

"It's Snape, James. Can't you read? And no, I'd rather spend this lovely afternoon with my friends, who don't ruin my mood." She sharply said.

"Aww, we know you love us, kitten." Sirius smirked.

"Shove off, Black. Before I throw a hex on you." She threatened the pureblood. "And ew, you're like 11. Tone it down with the pet names."

"I'd like to see you try." The boy challenged her.