Chapter 33

--Preview--

"Mom, let's eat lunch together with us" Li Na invited Shen Hwei Ru to join them. As most of the dishes on the table was done by her, she wanted to brag her effort in front Shen Hwei Ru and displaying her attempt in keeping Shen Yun Tian's stomach full.

"Yes, Mom. Join us" Shen Yun Tian expressionlessly said. Li Na noticed that Shen Yun Tian would keep his emotion blank when speaks to other people even though they are his own family.

Li Na slightly pinched his arm since his words contain no persuasion power at all. Sensed her dissatisfaction, while maintaining his expression, Shen Yun Tian continues his words, "Please"

Shen Hwei Ru stunned as she looked at their interaction. She noticed that Li Na had successfully tamed her son. Even though he still had his default look, it's still surprising to see how Shen Yun Tian could agree to her words.

"Then, if I am not bothering you both, perhaps I will join." She felt that Li Na seems sincere in wanting to invite her and knowing how her own son's act, she would not hesitate to join them.

"Great, Mom. The lunch already being served, let's go eat" Since this is the first interaction between her and Shen Yun Tian's family, Li Na will give the best hospitality toward her.

When they moved to the dining table, she scooped the rice into her mother-in-law's plate.  "Mom, eat this. I made it less oily so its good for your health" She put the fried fish onto her plate.

"It's okay, I can do it myself". Shen Hwei Ru tried to refuse her but Li Na continues putting the foods onto her plate, making she released a pleasant sigh.

While Li Na continues serving, Shen Hwei Ru can see that the plate for Li Na being filled by her son. Even though he still putting that indifferent expression, she can see that he carefully select the dishes, with the right proportion and amount in her plate.

After Li Na sat on her place, knowing that her plate already being filled by her husband, her face doesn't show any amazement or shocking expression. Then, Shen Hwei Ru realized that is the normal interaction between the pair.

Its look like her son is really happy because even while eating, his eye doesn't leave Li Na. His face no longer has traces of usual gloomy and looked relaxed.

In that quiet and pleasing moment, suddenly Shen Hwei Ru popped up a question, "So when will my grandchildren come? I am already old and wanted to hold your children" 

The question startled Lina, her hand that holding the spoon abruptly stopped made the corner of her mouth soiled. 

She made a gesture toward Shen Yun Tian to answer Shen Hwei Ru's question but knowing that he wouldn't bother to say anything with that unconcerned look on his face, Li Na opened her lips, "We are still working on it, Mom."

While she still talking, Shen Yun Tian pulled out a tissue and wipe the stain at her lips. His gesture is too intimate since he made sure to gently keep her clean.

Shen Hwei Ru chuckled, "Its look like Mom will not has to wait for too long isn't it?" She smilingly looking at them. Li Na bowed her red face down when receiving the known smile of her mother in law.

"Yes, Mom. Soon" Shen Yun Tian said in behalf of his shy wife. Li Na noticed that his eyes filled with the expectation that there will be a life living inside her stomach when he gazed at her.

In return of his heated gaze, Li Na grips his hand, "Soon, Mom. We will make sure the house will be filled with the baby crying"  Her words are full of determination. She wants a family of her own. Their children will be proof of their love and also would keep their relationship strong and unbreakable.

Shen Yun Tian held her hand and softly looked at her. "Don't worry. I will work hard tonight". There is a hint of teasing in his eyes as he stared at her.

As she was already used to his naughty expression, Li Na pinched Shen Yun Tian waist, "Stop it! Mom will see" She whispered right into his ears. She peeked at her mother and relief that she didn't notice them. 

Shen Hwei Ru strained her laugh to stop Li Na from getting embarrassed. They continue to eat together with those joyful moods and sweet atmosphere. 

"Ah! Before I forget, Yun Tian, next week is Shen Grandpa birthday anniversary. Bring Li Na to our home, okay?" Shen Hwei Ru said before exiting the house.

"Yes, Mom. We will come" Both Li Na and Shen Yun Tian nodded. 

"Good. See you soon". They escorted Shen Hwei Ru to her car and let the driver send her back.

After entering the living room, Li Na casually sat on Shen Yun Tian's lap, her face looked worried "Are your family will kindly accept me? I am afraid they will refuse me" She poured her concern to him. 

"Don't worry. Can't you see that Mom already likes you? No one will be able to hate you" As Li Na leaned on his wide chest, Shen Yun Tian softly patted her head, repeatedly.

-----------------

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Love you \(^v^)/