Chapter 63

--Preview--

The night sky was dark, the atmosphere in the car appeared to be quiet and solemn. When the car passed the street's light, the dim light will shined the car but still, it could not make the heavy air disappear. 

Li Na felt heavy and tired but she didn't want to speak so she just sits tightly on her seat while facing the window. She can sense Shen Yun Tian's sight on her but she still keeps her mouth shut, trying to conceal her turbulent emotion.

Without saying any word of comfort, Shen Yun Tian slowly held her hand into his. Feeling his touch made her tight face eased. His hand is as generous and warm as ever, it made people feel at peace. Li Na's heart slowly calmed down and she leaned onto his shoulder. Because of how uncomfortable the position is, she softly broke the silent night and said, "Hold me".

Shen Yun Tian looked sideways at her. She was talking to him, but she lowered her head, didn't look at him. Silently he holds her up, letting her positioned herself into his arm while his hand enveloped her waist so he can secure and protect her pregnant body. He loves to hold her this way because it gives him a sense of dependent from her.

She lay her back onto his chest and was silent for a while before she whispered, "I met Fei Fei when we were in middle school. Do you know that when I was young, I was a little bit shy? During the examination, I forgot to bring an eraser but I couldn't speak up because at that time I was feeling too shy but somehow she noticed my difficulties and offered an eraser to me. That time she appeared like an angel to me".

She turned her body around and look at Shen Yun Tian while holding his waist. "After that time, we became a friend. We are really close that it can be said whenever she appeared, the will be me too, beside her. When I didn't do school work, she always scolds me but at the same time she would guide me". Reminiscing the past made her voice automatically lived up.

"The more we spend time together, I noticed that the reason she keeps the good result is for the scholarship. At that time, I want to help her so I persuade my father to invest some funds into the scholarship so she can obtain the scholarship easily. Knowing that she want to hide her poverty, every time we went shopping,  I would always pay for her, hoping that she should not worry and just enjoy playing with me. For me, money is never a problem and I want to use it to make her happy"

Li Na hides her face into his chest, "But Teddy, maybe she is true? Maybe I am just pretending to be a good person? Even without me putting a hand into her scholarship matter, she still can obtain it. Maybe it's just me wanting to play and she just follows to satisfy my selfish request? Maybe it's just my snobbish ego that blinds my eyes and deafening my ears" 

After a deep thought, in this issue, she is not truly a victim, whether intentional or unintentional, her past actions had contributed to their friendship current situation. Maybe she is the one that put value in their friendship making it doesn't have the equal right as what friendship supposed to be.

When she spoke, her voice was muffled and Shen Yun Tian felt something dripping on his neck, warm but it made his heart a little bit painful.

Apart from patting her back, he didn't know how to comfort her because he knew she didn't need any superficial comforting word and any kind of comfort from him.

After saying that, Li Na lays on his arm for a long time and only raised her head when their car had arrived in their home. Shen Yun Tian dismissed the driver, Uncle Li, and entered into the house while holding Li Na's hand.

After pouring her emotions, Li Na became calmer. She quickly looks around and notices that currently there are no Hwang Ma or other employees in the scene so her heart eased down. She stopped Shen Yun Tian at the stairs and said, "Teddy, you carry me up" 

-----------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. Thank you for stay >www<

You can read the full chapter at inkiit by clicking the link at About Me section on My Profile.

Love you \(^v^)/