nine

/THIRD PERSON POV/

The night was freezing, and Lisa decided that it would be super nice to be accompanied by hot chocolate. And of course, the shorter brunette beside her. 

They had decided to go for a night walk on the park, with hot chocolate in hands. They were tied in a conversation that went surprisingly far from awkward, and they were grateful for it. 

"So, I guess you're not from here?" Jennie asked after taking a sip from her hot chocolate. 

"Correct. I was born in Thailand, then moved to Australia where Chaeng was born, then to New Zealand where we grew up, and now here," Lisa answered, her eyes reflecting the moonlight. 

Jennie nodded. She already knew that, from Chaeyoung. But she was too eager to have a conversation with Lisa despite the fact that she didn't know what to talk about. 

Jennie absentmindedly scooted closer to Lisa, seeking warmth in the middle of the freezing weather. The wind was awfully aggressive that night, and Jennie scolded herself for not wearing any sweatshirt. There was a little hint of hope present inside her, that maybe the tall blonde would somehow do something that could ease her cold state. 

They decided to sit on a bench, enjoying the remaining of their hot chocolate. There was no distance between them, both knowing it would be better to be close to each other in order to be warmer. 

Of course, Lisa was already as warm as ever. But she was aware that the brunette beside her was a normal human being with no infinite source of warmth that she had, therefore she felt obliged to share her warmth- if that didn't sound weird or funny. 

"Why Busan?" Jennie asked again. 

"My father was dutied here, not like I had other choices," Lisa answered right away.

I'm not complaining though, at least I got to meet someone like you, Lisa thought. 

"I assume you were homeschooled too, then?" 

"Correct again," Lisa grinned at Jennie, who felt like she could melt right away at the blonde's perfect face structure. 

"What do you do, now that you don't attend university?" Jennie asked purely out of curiosity. However, this, Chaeyoung hadn't told her.

"Well, nothing much except learning to be a decent heir of the company, I guess," Lisa shrugged, internally cringing at how her sentence had sounded. She didn't want to brag, but she had made like she purposefully did. 

"Oh, I see," Jennie nodded her head several times. "How old are you, again?" 

"Twenty-one,"  

"And you're already the future head of a huge company, wow," Jennie grinned in half teasing, half admiration.

Lisa laughed lightly, and Jennie felt like her stomach was filled with butterflies at the sound. 

Again, the uncalled feeling of familiarity filled Jennie's body. Just the way Lisa laugh, Jennie felt like she had heard the sound thousands of times before, somewhere, yet she couldn't recall when. So close; so familiar, yet so distant; so foreign.

Hell, she wasn't even sure the feeling was absolute.

"Now, tell me about you," Lisa changed the topic, now facing Jennie completely. 

Lisa took her chance to study Jennie's structure from up close. Jennie looked so ethereal, her pearly skin glowed underneath the moonlight, her eyes looked as mesmerizing as ever. Lisa felt a pinch on her chest; something she hadn't felt since her last relationship with Tzuyu.