thirty one [M]

/JENNIE/

I slumped heavily on top of Lisa's chest, feeling undeniably tired of all the things we'd been doing ever since we got home earlier.

Lisa reached for my head and ran her fingers through my hair, also planting a kiss on my forehead.

"That was... wow," Lisa chuckled, holding me close as I was still catching my breath and recovering.

"Where did that come from?"

I blushed and buried my face on the crook of Lisa's neck, groaned when she laughed at me.

"Told you I'm pissed,"

"Should I make you pissed more, or—"

"Shut up,"

Lisa laughed loudly, her chest vibrating with the sound she's emitting.

Silence fell between us and I changed my position to get more comfortable on top of Lisa.

I've been honest and voiced my thoughts at Lisa, and I'm glad she took it without any complications nor anger.

I told her that I'm fine with her being jealous and protective, what I'm not content about was she completely shutting my voice out and forced me to listen to hers and hers only. Because didn't matter how hot that was, this relationship isn't all about sex and pleasure, it's also about understanding and respecting each other. We're not some horny teenagers who's getting in a relationship just for the sexual activity, we've admitted our feelings for each other were way more than that and I needed us to live by our words, too.

"A kiss for your thoughts?" Lisa murmured, her nails now caressing my back lightly.

I faced her, pouting out my lips and Lisa smiled before cupping my face and planted a soft, light kiss with her lips.

I sighed out contentedly after she pulled back, using my palm to support my chin. "Just thinking about us,"

"What about us?"

"Just about what I told you earlier,"

Lisa stayed silent.

I studied her face, from her thick, black eyebrows and eyelashes, her mesmerizing orbs of gold, the button nose, her smooth skin, and finally her lips which I could kiss for hours.

She was still deep in thoughts.

"A kiss for your thoughts?" I smiled, caressing her cheek with my thumb. I didn't wait for her response as I leaned down, captured her lips in a brief, persistent kiss.

"Nothing," I pulled back and prepared to listen. "I just realized I actually miss having someone holding me back."

"I was always the one who gets the highest expectation from everyone. From my family, my friends, teachers, everyone. Therefore, I always try my best to give my all in every aspect. But I didn't realize it also made me... selfish. It had always been me and my self all along, almost no one beside me to give me a second opinion and additional perspective," Lisa sighed lightly.

"But that time, I still had my mother with me. She was always giving me advice, making me think over my choices twice. Even though I wasn't with her all the time, I could always run to her whenever I needed her. But ever since she passed away, I... I'd been completely on my own. And then I slowly got used to making decisions all by myself, with no one telling me what to and not do, giving orders and having others obeyed me."

I hummed, then leaned forward to kiss her cheek. "You have me now,"

"I know," Lisa smiled. "And I'm grateful for it."