thirteen

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

Didn't matter how many times Lisa repositioned her Rolex, brushed her face with her palm, inhaled and exhaled, or spun the mobile phone in her right hand, she couldn't stop feeling nervous.

She had chosen to wear a black woman tuxedo with a white shirt beneath it, a pair of jet black trousers, and her absolute favorite shiny black dress shoes. Her hair was left down, the blonde strands falling off to her shoulders loosely.

"You look good," Chaeyoung commented.

Chaeyoung was sitting on a sofa in Lisa's bedroom, wearing Lisa's old yellow pullover hoodie, training pants, reading glasses on the bridge of her nose, and her notebook in hand. 

"As always," Lisa smirked, now her fingers were fidgeting with the black tie around her neck, trying her best to tie it neatly. But even after a few minutes of restless attempts, the tie ended up getting messier and worse.

"Here," Chaeyoung stood up, approaching Lisa who was standing in front of the large mirror attached on her closet.

Chaeyoung spun Lisa around to face her, then untie the messily tangled tie on her sister's collar.

"Are you nervous?" Chaeyoung asked, her voice failed to hide a giggle escaping from her mouth.

"Pretty much. Dad's not going to be there tonight," Lisa answered, a sigh escaped her lips. She then stared down at her sister who looked like a whole nerd with the glasses sitting on her nose.

Chaeyoung brushed Lisa's tuxedo lightly even though there were no grimes seen on top of it, she knew it would calm Lisa down a little bit. "Relax, you got this,"

"I'll try,"

"I'm sorry I can't be there with you," Chaeyoung pouted apologetically.

Lisa turned around to face the mirror, checking her look for the nth time that night.

"It's alright, Chaeng," Lisa smiled when Chaeyoung slipped her arms on the waist to hug her from behind.

"You should probably go, it's almost seven," Chaeyoung reminded, and Lisa nodded right away.

Snatching her car key from the bedside table, Lisa went out of her room, on her way to pick up her date.

/JENNIE/

"Jen, seriously, you should calm down before you ruin your make up. I spent a whole hour on your face," Jisoo scolded, her eyes following me who was pacing back and forth on the living room.

After Lisa called the earlier afternoon, I had practically begged Jisoo to stay and help me for the party tonight.

"Chu, do I look okay?"

"For the eighteenth time tonight, yes. You look hot, I bet she's gonna drool over you as soon as you step out of the door,"

The thought of making Lisa speechless made my heart swelled up in excitement and thrill. Glancing on the mirror, I took a deep breath before exhaling it.

I was wearing a golden, sparkly dress that—according to Jisoo—fell perfectly on my body. Jisoo had braided half (the top) of my hair and let the bottom side fell naturally. Checking myself out on the mirror, I smiled, satisfied.

"Isn't she here yet?" Jisoo asked when she returned from the kitchen, a mug of drink in hand. She sipped the drink and plopped down the gray couch, eyeing the front door as if she's expecting someone to soon knock on it.