sixteen

/LISA/

I strummed my fingers on the steering wheel my hands were resting on. Glancing to the building beside me, I hummed along with the song that was playing on the radio.

About five minutes later, Jennie came out of her apartment. My heart instantly reacted—it excitedly jumped up and down within my ribs. A smile went on my face and lingered there when Jennie settled herself down on the passenger seat.

"Hey," I greeted, watching as Jennie struggled to put on her seatbelt.

"Hi," Jennie replied with her hands still fumbling with the seatbelt.

I leaned my body closer and attached the head of the seatbelt to the end in one swift move. "Thanks," Jennie muttered, giving me a cute smile afterward.

"No problem,"

"Where are we going today?"

I had asked Jennie yesterday, right after my little confession time with Chaeyoung, to go out with me. I immediately thought of this place out of nowhere, but it wasn't a bad idea, we'll see how it turned out.

But a voice inside me told me that Jennie would love it, and it had never been wrong.

I stepped on the gas pedal slowly as I waited for the road to be more uncongested before driving with increasing speed. "Somewhere you'll surely love,"

"How are you so confident about that?" Jennie asked in an amusement mixed with a challenging tone.

"I just know," I shrugged, smirked when she rolled her eyes dramatically.

"You're no fun," Jennie complained.

"Trust me, babe. You'll love it,"

I noticed as Jennie froze at how I had addressed her, but then quickly recovered and went back to her playful-sassy demeanor.

"And if I don't?"

"I'll do anything you ask me to," I answered, confident because there was no way she wouldn't love where I was going to take her.

Jennie stared at me for a while, then averted her gaze towards the road ahead.

"Alright, deal,"

While driving, my eyes several times wandered to where Jennie was sitting. She was wearing a simple white blouse, a pair of mom jeans, white sneakers, and her hair was down and undone—yet she still looked the most beautiful to me.

Whenever she noticed me staring at her, she would scold me while blushing; saying I should be paying attention to the road instead if I wanted we both alive.

And I would always laugh, said sorry but honestly didn't feel sorry at all. I mean, how could I be sorry for not taking for granted a whole goddess beside me?

I couldn't wait until she sees what I'd planned and prepared for her only. I was growing more impatient as time passed by.

Finally, after a whole thirty minutes of stolen glances and heartily giggles, we arrived at the destination. "We're here," I announced, getting out of the car and walked around it to open Jennie's door for her.

Jennie stepped out, her white adidas sneakers being contrasted with the dark gray asphalt below. I was going to walk first but went in a brief halt as Jennie intertwined our hands together.

Looking at the girl three inches shorter than me, I smiled and held her hand tighter.

"Let's go, they're waiting for you,"

"They?"

"You'll see," I answered and stepped inside the building with her hand in mine.

"Oh my God! A puppy house?" Jennie exclaimed, her voice went up about two octaves, and I found it extremely endearing.