nineteen

/JENNIE/

Today, 5.49 PM

hey, haven't heard
from you for a while
Delivered

Today, 5.50 PM

everything alright?
Delivered

I sighed at the text, did I sound too clingy? Whatever, Lisa hadn't contacted me in four days, I definitely had the right to be a little clingy, didn't I?

If she couldn't text me first, then I better ask. There's no way my ego would come between us, not when I had the best person right in my grasp.

Anyway, isn't that what girlfriends do? Checking up their partner to make sure they're doing just fine?

Well, I'm trying my best to be a better lady here—now that I'm officially and rightfully Lisa's girlfriend, I wouldn't make the same mistake twice. No, because Lisa wasn't like the others and she deserved the best I could offer her.

All of me.

My thumb ghosted just millimeters above my phone screen, hesitating to type another text. If I did, there would be no turning back—not to mention I would one hundred percent sound like a clingy girlfriend.

But the pro was, it was the truth... it was my truest feeling, the thing I'm feeling the most right now.

Today, 5.53 PM

i miss you already :(

I still hadn't pressed send, still battling mentally whether I should send it or let it be just another deleted message, a text that would never reach Lisa.

I undoubtedly sounded clingy if I send it. I would regret it, especially if Lisa found it annoying or too much.

But,

If I don't, I would regret it too. My last relationship sunk only because I wasn't able to be honest about my feelings.

Ah, screw it.

Today, 5.54 PM

i miss you already :(
Delivered

To avoid any disappointment—if Lisa was too busy to read or reply to my message, or if she thought that I was too clingy and it made her feel weird—I locked my phone and put it on the coffee table in front of me.

God, why am I being so dramatic?

It's literally just a text, why do I make it seem like a big deal?

"I'm going crazy," I rolled my eyes and got up from the couch. I walked towards the kitchen to prepare myself some dinner, I was starting to get hungry.

From the living room, I suddenly heard my ringtone blasted. A little startled, I walked quickly towards the device that's sitting on top of the coffee table.

Reading the caller ID, I internally squealed and grinned immediately.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby,"