thirty eight

/THIRD PERSON POV/

/THIRD PERSON POV/

The brunette stirred up slightly and her senses slowly started functioning. She felt a hand wrapped around her waist, a warm palm pressing onto her belly. She smiled at the feeling of Lisa's steady breathing behind her and she considered going back to sleep since she didn't have any class for today.

Lisa's warm breath blew on her neck constantly, leaving goosebumps on her skin. She then turned around slowly, careful not to wake up the blonde.

It was a known fact that Lisa was handsome, she did not have any flaw in her physical appearance. Her body was toned all in the right place, it made Jennie's stomach flutter when she realized that Lisa was hers, her body, her mind, her heart, even her soul—all of Lisa was hers.

Jennie brought her hand to trace Lisa's perfect eyebrows, down to her cheekbone and then her sharp jawline.

Yes, all of Lisa was hers, including her insecurities, her flaws, her imperfections—all of it.

It's crazy to think that in such a brief period of time, Jennie could love someone this much. Six months ago, Jennie didn't know Lisa exist. She didn't know what was waiting for her in the near future. She had no idea that she would be gifted the greatest power of all in the presence of Lisa—she had no idea she was even capable of being loved this greatly.

All her life Jennie was used to people leaving. Starting from her dad, leaving Jennie, her mother, and Ella, to her friends in middle school leaving her just because she didn't have a dad. They left her because she's flawed, even when it's nothing under her control. In high school, Jennie once fell in love. She adored someone, her best friend, Chahee, more than she should have.

But she was afraid Chahee would leave her if she told her how she felt. She couldn't afford to lose her best friend, the only friend she had, to leave her just because of her stupid, uncalled feelings. So, Jennie kept it a secret.

And then it all changed when Chahee kissed her one Saturday night on their tutor night schedule. Jennie was shocked, but she was afraid Chahee would also leave her if she didn't reciprocate her feelings, so Jennie kissed her back—albeit still being confused over her own feelings. But still, Chahee chose to leave. Jennie still remembered her reason, "You deserve someone better and I can't be that for you, we can't be happy together. I'm sorry."

Jennie started to think she was designed to be used for a short while before eventually, people leave with their own separate reasons. Her life in New Zealand was so painful to remember, hence why she chose to move to Busan in the first place. Yes, now, Jennie was the one who left. 5 years ago, she left both her mother and Ella, albeit them being fiercely against it. There's a reason why Jennie never brought up her mother nor Ella in front of Lisa. She knew how family-oriented Lisa was, and Jennie was scared of her reaction once she knew Jennie's selfish choice to leave her family behind.