eighteen

/THIRD PERSON POV/

The next day, finally the night had fallen. The forest became both quieter and louder by time. The surroundings were completely in silence, but the birds, snakes, deer, and every single animal inside it were making noises—all in hushed whispers and low growls.

Junhoe and Lisa walked side by side, both their shoulders tense by alert and awareness.

Lisa was walking slightly in front of Junhoe, somehow impatient to have an encounter with any kind trespasser. While Junhoe, still on his usual cool demeanor, chose to be a little more patient than Lisa. A part of him wished the attacker would just appear tonight so they wouldn't have to wait any longer, but the other part of him wished it just runs and hides instead. Junhoe knew well how petrifying Lisa could be when she's like this.

Lisa walked with such confidence and cautiousness at the same time. Her body relaxed and tensed all in the right parts. Lisa was ready to fight, to chase, to kill. And it was not a good sign, didn't matter how much she would benefit them if they did find the attacker, because Lisa could go a whole Alpha mode and might even set the whole forest on fire.

Junhoe had seen Lisa at her worst and her highest level. Her worst, being her drenched in full pain and mourns when her lover died in front of her eyesight. Her highest, being her killing everyone in her way. She threw punches and kicks as she had never done before, she burst in fire and burned everyone touching her—even though it was raining hard at that time, Lisa's fire had never died down. If something, it only got bigger and more dangerous.

"Chanyeol said he found Bam somewhere around here,"

Junhoe looked around the ground they were standing. It was damp, after-rain effect, the grass beneath them still looked green even by the minimum lighting. He then averted his gaze towards a fallen log, its leaves already left its branches.

"I know. I can still smell his blood,"

Junhoe gulped. He didn't like, not even a bit, Lisa's cold tone and how chills spread all over his back by hearing it.

Lisa looked up as she heard flaps of wings from upward, soaring closer to them. She naturally lifted her arm up, and the goshawk landed on her bicep right after.

"Reuniting with an old friend, I see,"

Junhoe chuckled at the massive bird and how Lisa held him up with such ease like he was as light as a feather covering up his body. Pollux was, in fact, getting bigger since the last time he saw him. Didn't count how many times Junhoe appeared and patrolled around the forest, Pollux never shows himself to any other human—except Lisa. But there was one thing they knew well enough, Pollux was always up there, watching while waiting for the only human he trusted to show herself, ever so patiently.

"What's up?" Lisa said, and Pollux screeched.

Lisa frowned at the bird's tone. It was unlike any of his other tones, it screamed alert and warning.

"Show me," Lisa said before Pollux soared up a second after.

Pollux flew fast, Lisa and Junhoe needed to speed off in order to follow him.

Pollux brought them far away from their patrolling side, which worried Junhoe a bit. But seeing Lisa so sure while following the hawk, Junhoe calmed down. He knew he could trust Lisa with everything she was doing, there's a reason why she was the Alpha, after all.