twenty four

/THIRD PERSON POV/

Everything was dark, the room was damp and dirty. Dark liquid stains covered a few spots on the floor, dust, and spider-webs decorated almost every available space in the room. It was almost empty if it wasn't for a used, old dark brown Davenport sofa in the middle and other old items of furniture filling up the empty spaces.

There, sat a woman, dark-haired, creamy-white skinned, cold eyes and thin lips. She only sat there, staring into space as her mind wandered everywhere else. Several candles illuminated the room, but not enough for the woman's face to be recognized unless from a hand-reach distance.

Waiting in the dark, she finally snapped her head upright at the sound of the door opening.

"I apologize for being late," a man's voice echoed through the silent walls.

The woman didn't say anything, instead, she fixated her eyes on him and not anything else. Not like there was any more living creature inside the dungeon.

"Mission report?" the woman finally spoke after a while, her fingers tapping impatiently on the sofa shoulder behind her, as her arms were spread wide to rest above them.

"The Southern declined, but I managed to persuade the Western with a deal," the man stood still, unmoving as if one wrong move and he'd be dead right in front of the woman's feet.

The woman scoffed.

"They're still fond of that woman, aren't they?"

"They're neutral," the man corrected hesitantly like he wasn't even sure of the fact himself.

"They're nothing but neutral, Jungkook. They're so far up her ass that they don't even see her weaknesses,"

"And you do?" Jungkook couldn't stop himself and immediately regretted opening his mouth as the woman's eyes flared dangerously.

"She's weak when it comes to the ones she cared about. And that's our ultimate weapon, Jungkook. Understood?"

"Understood," Jungkook bowed his head slightly, unable to contain the amount of hatred the woman's eyes delivered.

"What deal were you talking about?"

"They said if we succeed dethroning the Alpha and the whole Northern Forest, they should have the whole forest to themselves," Jungkook answered eyeing the woman carefully.

"Greedy bastards," the woman spat, disgusted at the information she had just received. "But, I don't really care about the forest in the first place. I want the position, and you want the woman, right? That shouldn't be a problem for us."

Jungkook only nodded swiftly.

She was right. He didn't give any fucks about the forest or other Guardians within it. All he cared about was for that woman to die right in front of his eyes, by his hands. She took everything he had when he was way younger, he had fought his way through hell to be standing right here, and he would make sure she would suffer the same pain before he took her life.

Jungkook clenched his jaw at the mental image of the Alpha lying lifelessly, blood all over her being.

"You're aware that I should be the one who kills her, right?"

The woman interrupted Jungkook's train of thoughts, sensing where his mind wandered for a moment there.

"Only then, I would gain the position as the Alpha. Don't even try to walk one step ahead of me, Jungkook. You're aware of what I'm capable of," the woman eyed Jungkook cautiously, putting words inside his brain as his inner self protested.