eleven

/THIRD PERSON POV/

/THIRD PERSON POV/

The night was packed with silence. But not entirely, though, for he could still hear the screeches of the trees around him—the sound of their leaves being brushed by the wind.

He could even hear the howl of wolves, somewhere distant within the forest he was guarding. He walked, dry leaves crackling underneath his footsteps. His eyes cautiously peered on the tall, proud pines.

Tonight was his turn to patrol around, to make sure that no one trespass the area of his people. The forest was the ultimate borderline of their area and other creature's. By other creature, he meant any creature. It could be werewolves, vampires (if they did exist), nymph, and even mortal human.

He would not tolerate anyone, whatever their reasons were. This was his sector and he could do anything he pleased to. He could kill them right on the spot, or take them home to kill slowly and painfully—anything he pleased to.

His blonde locks showed off contrast among the dark woods, it shared the same shade with the crescent moon glowing overhead. He stalked, his eyes second-naturedly hunted upon the slightest source of any sound he could decipher.

His black pullover hoodie kept him quite warm, but not warm enough. The wind, especially inside the forest, was a little too aggressive compared to the previous nights. He wondered was this a sign or just another bit of natural events.

He could hear the sound of river faintly, each step he took pulling him closer towards the source. He almost smiled to himself in satisfaction, if he reached the river with no one—anything in particular—standing in his side of the forest, he could turn back and head to his camp. To maybe get a brief, good night rest, before two hours later walking the same paths to patrol again.

Running a hand through his hair, a sigh of relief escaped his mouth as the rippling sound of water got closer. Water, it reminded him of a certain blonde hundred miles from him. Nature, actually—it reminded him of her a lot; as if she and nature were one.

He came into an abrupt stop as he noticed someone standing in front of the river, their back facing him. They were wearing a hooded coat, but they just stood there without making any noises.

Stepping delicately, he locked his eyes and focused on the stranger in front of him. Who was that? What were they doing inside his region? But he needed no one to answer—no matter who they were or whatever their reason was, he'd end up killing them for trespassing.

"Ah, the protector," the stranger spoke up, her feminine voice slicing painfully through the quietness of the forest.

Of course, she wasn't a mortal. She was just another creature, a silly one for not considering to step back when she had crossed the river. A silly one for submitting herself to the hands of him, the guardian of the forest.

"You're crossing the boundaries," he stated calmly, still stepping forward towards the hooded woman. His hands stayed ready on his sides—in a stance where they would fly to protect the owner if the intruder ever dared to do anything reckless.