𝟖 : 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐘 (rewriting)

an·gi·og·ra·phy
/ˌanjēˈäɡrəfē/
an x-ray technique in which dye is injected into the chambers of the heart or the coronary arteries

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

<surgery warning>

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook was jealous.

He was upset that Taehyung was able to act so calm in a situation like that and for the amount of skill and patience that the man had. Not knowing what to do made the whole situation more embarrassing. And the fact that Taehyung called in another first—more specifically Yoongi, the man Jungkook shared an office with—made Jungkook not want to go out in public ever again.

When the surgery had ended, everyone began to shuffle around, but Jungkook found his way through Taehyung. He wanted to apologize, no, he needed to apologize for the way he acted back in the operating room.

"U-Um, M-Mr. Kim, can I—"

Taehyung walked right past him, heading to where everyone was wheeling the patient towards the recovery room. Jungkook saw how Taehyung was acting and closed his mouth, deciding for once to hold his tongue and just follow the man instead.

The group maneuvered through the hospital quickly, finding their way to the recovery room with ease. The patient was set onto the bed and the family rushed in, bombarding Taehyung with questions.

Jungkook saw the way the woman looked at him and decided that it would be best for him to step out. He waited outside of the recovery room, being able to hear the woman yelling at Taehyung for the weight of the entire situation was catching up.

"I'm... I'm going to sue you! You... That damn doctor could've killed my husband! He said it was low risk—"

"Ma'am, we solved the issue before the patient died, the surgery was successful but a minor inconvenience happened afterwards—"

"A minor inconvenience?! Minor inconvenience my ass! My husband went into cardiac arrest!" she yelled, followed by a loud crash and glass breaking from inside.

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Taehyung said, voice raising in intensity and losing its patience.

"That damn cut is the least I should do to you! Where's that other doctor, huh?" she yelled, storming out of the room and seeing Jungkook. "You!" she screamed, slamming Jungkook against the wall. Jungkook let out a loud yelp and felt her dig her nails into his shoulders.

"You're a terrible surgeon! People like you should never be employed! My husband almost died because of you!" she yelled, about hurt Jungkook more but was pulled away by security and ushered out of the hospital.

Taehyung walked out of the recovery room as if nothing had happened, asking some nurses to clean up the mess the woman had left in the room. He walked over to Jungkook and looked at the shocked boy who looked like he wanted to cry.

"Come with me to my office, yeah?"

Jungkook nodded.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook sat across from Taehyung in his office, feeling smaller and definitely weaker than ever as he stared at the calm man in front of him. The tension from the situation earlier was still as prevalent as ever, and Jungkook just wanted to hide away in his office and cry.

Not knowing what to do and definitely not wanting to try and make conversation with Taehyung, Jungkook looked around Taehyung's office, immediately noticing Taehyung was the only occupant. Of course, he's a surgeon in the Cardiology Department.

Taehyung's office screamed ornate and lavish. But at the same time, it felt very warm and inviting and had strange yet aesthetically pleasing decorations scattered around almost randomly, but looking as if they belonged there at the same time. A few small picture frames were scattered on a bookshelf that was almost overflowing with books on almost everything relating to cardiology. Jungkook made a mental note to borrow one, if their relationship ever improved.

"I'm, um... sorry for lashing out at you like that. I was just stressed and when that lady ran in she just made the whole situation ten times worse," Taehyung spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence that had settled over the room.

"It... It's fine, you are the surgeon, anyways. I was just being stupid and ended up making the situation worse," Jungkook said, looking down in his lap and playing with the hem of his dirty scrubs.

"No, you were fine. I completely understand. You haven't been in a situation like that before and it's difficult to just step back for a moment and process what's going on." he said, waiting for a response from Jungkook but only hearing silence. He looked at the boy and saw a tear trail its way down his face.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Taehyung asked, genuine concern in his voice. Jungkook nodded, feeling his face grow hot when more tears began to stream down his face.

"Jungkook, look at me," Taehyung said, causing Jungkook to listen to him—for once—and look up at him, trying to blink back tears that threatened to fall.

"Why are you crying?"

"It's um, nothing, don't worry. I'm going to head out now," he said, gathering his thing—he then realized he didn't bring anything into Taehyung's office but the clothes on his back—and began to hurry out of the room.

He got close to the door, but was stopped when a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his waist. He felt his face flush when Taehyung placed his chin on Jungkook's shoulder and pulled him in closer to his chest.

"Don't let people like that bother you, mmkay?" Taehyung said softly, his breath tickling Jungkook's ear. "Assholes like that don't deserve your time." Jungkook smiled and let a quiet giggle escape through his pretty, pink lips. He felt his mood lighten and leaned back into Taehyung's warm embrace.

"I guess you're right."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

a/n: i think i'm going to start updating this book twice a week