𝟔 : 𝐁𝐘𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒 (rewriting)

by·pass
/ˈbīˌpas/
a surgical operation in which an alternative channel is created, especially to improve blood flow to the heart when a coronary artery is blocked

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook walked into his shared office, feeling exhausted after staying out late last night with the hospital staff and getting home even later. He would've gotten home earlier if Jimin hasn't ditched him, but oh well. He still loved Jimin nonetheless. Nothing could compare to what Jimin has done for him.

"Juunggkoookkkkk!" Jimin yelled, stumbling into his office and looking like he was on the verge of tears. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have left you like that last night!" he said, gripping onto the younger boy's hands.

Jungkook laughed at the boy's expression and shook his head. "It's fine, Jimin. I made my way home eventually."

"But I left you there! I feel so bad!" Jimin pouted, looking up at the taller boy.

"Can you buy me lunch to make up for it, Hyung?" Jungkook asked, pouting back at Jimin and seeing how his face contorted into one of mock anger.

"You called me Hyung! But I know it's only because you want me to buy you food, you brat!" Jimin said, giggling and letting his expression soften. Jungkook giggled back as well, seeing Jimin turn on his heels and make his way out of the office.

"I'll get you your lunch, but you better eat with me in the cafeteria!" he said, waving at Jungkook before walking out of the office and down the hallway. Jungkook smiled and sat down in his chair, going through some papers and enjoying the silence of the office room.

That silence was broken pretty quickly, to say the least.

"Jungkook!" Chanyeol called, opening the door to the office and stepping inside. "We've figured out Taehyung's surgical team, can you be in the conference room in five minutes?" he asked, halfway inside the room and halfway outside, not bothering to completely step in.

"U-Um, yeah. I'll head there now," Jungkook mumbled, standing up and gathering a few things to make his desk look nicer.

"Ok, good. I'll see you in a few." Chanyeol said before rushing out of the office and down the hall quickly.

Jungkook stepped out of the office and headed down the hall in the direction of the conference room. He opened the heavy doors and stepped inside, looking around and seeing only a few other people there.

And of course, Kim Taehyung.

"Just have a seat, Jungkook. We'll get started in a minute," Taehyung said from behind the podium in the front of the room and gestures to a seat. Jungkook nodded and made his way over to the chair and sat down.

The room was awkwardly quiet and Jungkook just glanced around, not knowing what he was waiting for or what was even going to happen. Taehyung just shuffled quietly through some papers, not looking up until the door to the conference room swung open.

"Ah, sorry I'm late Taehyung," Chanyeol said, rushing into the room and taking a seat. "It's fine, sir. I think everyone's here now." Taehyung said, glancing around the room before quickly looking at his papers and then looking back up.

"So, hello. I'm assuming you all know who I am, so I'm not going to waste time with introductions. I plan on having the people in this room, with the exception of Dr. Park, to be a part of my surgical team here."

What?!

"This would include Park Jimin as our anesthesiologist, Jung Hoseok as our operating room nurse, Kim Namjoon as our surgical tech, and Jeon Jungkook as our surgical assistant."

Jungkook looked at the other people in the room. He noticed Jimin and waved at him, receiving a smile in response. The rest of the people in the room definitely looked more than qualified for a position on Taehyung's surgical team and definitely looked ecstatic to work with the man. Jungkook on the other hand...

Wait.

Taehyung requested to have Jungkook on his team? That did not sound appealing to the boy at all. He was already on a surgical team...

"M-Mr. Kim, I'm already on Dr. Park's surgical team, so I don't think I can be on—"

"That's fine, Jungkook. I talked over it with Dr. Park and he says that it's fine for you to move to my team instead," Taehyung said, staring at Jungkook dead on. Jungkook could even swear that he saw the smallest cocky grin on Taehyung's face.

Jungkook looked over at Chanyeol and saw him nod to what Taehyung was saying. He felt his mouth open a bit in awe and frustration, upset that he now had to deal with this egotistical man on a day-to-day basis. And on top of that, he had to conduct surgeries with him.

Who knows what he would say to Jungkook.

"Now that we've gotten that sorted out, I went ahead and planned a surgery for two weeks from now and since everyone's already here, I printed out multiple copies of the patient's information and the plan for the surgery," Taehyung said, gathering his papers and passing them out to the people in the room.

Jungkook only sat in a state of shock and let Taehyung place the papers in front of him with a cocky grin on his face. Jungkook could only gulp harshly and look back at the rest of the staff, who were making their way out of the conference room with papers in their hands.

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook from where he was standing and put the last paper in the stack in front of Jungkook. He smiled teasingly at the boy in front of him before leaning in close to whisper in his ear.

"See you bright and early tomorrow, Jeon," Taehyung said, and left the room, leaving Jungkook blushing and sitting in his chair still.

Shit.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

a/n: oops late update