𝟏𝟓 : 𝐃𝐘𝐒𝐏𝐍𝐄𝐀 (rewriting)

dysp·ne·a
/dispˈnēə/
difficult or labored breathing

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Taehyung had his arms tightly wrapped around Jungkook's fragile body while Jungkook sobbed into his chest, Yugyeom's death really taking a toll on him. He didn't know how to feel, he just watched his best friend die in front of him.

Much later, Jungkook's heartbreaking sobs died down in intensity to only loud sniffles. Taehyung looked down at the boy, holding back a chuckle when he saw the wet patch in his shirt from Jungkook's tear stains, and pushed Jungkook back softly to look at him.

"Feeling better?" Taehyung asked, raking over Jungkook's face to see if there was any pain still in his expression. Jungkook nodded slowly and looked down, feeling embarrassed for shoving his face into Taehyung's man boobs. Not that he was complaining.

"Okay then, let's head out and take care of the situation with this guy's family," Taehyung said, pulling Jungkook along with him out of the operating room.

"His name is Yugyeom," Jungkook said coldly, taking off his operating room scrubs and following Taehyung out into the hallway.

Namjoon was already talking with the people that Jungkook recognized as Yugyeom's family. Jungkook felt his heart break when he saw Yugyeom's mother begin bawling her eyes out while holding tightly to the hands of Yugyeom's father and older brother.

The most heartbreaking scream left Yugyeom's mother's throat. A scream that could only belong to a mother who lost her own child. It was raw and filled with pain and agony and pure suffering. And it echoed through the hospital, silencing everyone within a thirty foot radius.

Yugyeom's mother looked away from Namjoon and at Jungkook and Taehyung. Her pained expression suddenly turned into one full of anger and pure rage and she angrily stomped over to them and shoved a finger into Jungkook's chest.

"You... You were in the operating room and you just let my son die like that! What kind of mother am I to have let you of all people into my son's life!" She cried, then turning to Taehyung. Jungkook felt his eyes begin to water and he bit his lip harshly, choosing to look down at the floor instead of at Yugyeom's mother.

"And... A-And don't even get me started on you!" She screamed out at Taehyung, collapsing into a pile of sobs, only to be helped away by her husband and other son. Yugyeom's older brother shot Jungkook a look before looking away and walking off with his mom. Jungkook doubted ever seeing the Kims again.

Taehyung looked down at Jungkook and saw the boy holding back his tears the best he could. Taehyung felt bad and quickly grabbed Jungkook's hand, pulling him along to his office.

"L-Leave me a-alone, Taehyung," Jungkook said, holding back tears and trying desperately to pull his hand out of Taehyung's grasp. Taehyung didn't say anything and continued to walk, even ignoring the strange stares they got from the rest of the hospital staff that happened to be passing by.

"Taehyung, let me g-go," Jungkook said, pulling on his hand again but to no avail. He bit harshly on his lip when he felt a tear roll down his cheek.

Taehyung stumbled into his office with a very unwilling Jungkook who kept trying to untangle his way out of Taehyung's grasp. Taehyung pushed Jungkook in front of himself—and away from the door—and looked right into his eyes.

He looked like he was in so much pain. His eyes were glittering and threatening to let tears spill from them again. Jungkook looked away and tried to push out of his grasp but couldn't—he probably cried too much in the past hour and was now feeling exhausted.

"Taehyung, just g-give me s-some space—" Jungkook began before he was cut off by Taehyung's arms wrapping around him again and pulling him close. Jungkook blushed but nonetheless tried to push Taehyung off of him, not wanting Taehyung to see him so weak.

Taehyung began walking against Jungkook towards his chair, but ended up awkwardly shuffling with Jungkook still squirming around in his arms. Jungkook tried to move out of Taehyung's reach but Taehyung tripped over something, and they both fell.

Jungkook blinked and the next thing he knew, he was on top of Taehyung. In his office chair. With two legs around Taehyung's sides. Jungkook blushed but still had tears slowly cascading down his face from the events from earlier. He bit his lip, trying to hold back his tears but ended up being pulled in closer to Taehyung's chest.

Jungkook blushed even more, biting down on his bottom lip even harder to contain his tears but to also remember every minuscule detail of Taehyung. He began to calm down—still biting his lips though—and synced his breathing with the steady breaths coming from Taehyung.

"Stop biting your lips like that," Taehyung said, causing Jungkook to pull his tears face and puffy eyes away from the man's chest. He looked up at Taehyung in confusion. "W-What?" He asked, voice hoarse from all the crying.

"I said to stop biting on your lips like that," Taehyung reiterated, hand moving up to gently caress over Jungkook's raw—and almost bleeding and broken open—lips.

"Lips that are as pretty as yours should be taken care of," Taehyung said lowly, leaning in closer to Jungkook and hand still caressing his lips softly. A finger threatened to slip in between Jungkook's lips and—being the horny bastard that he was—Jungkook had to bite back the urge to have Taehyung's fingers in his mouth.

"A kiss will make it better right?"

Jungkook looked up at Taehyung, a pretty pink rushing to his face as he took a moment to really focus on what Taehyung said. "W-What?"

"Can I kiss you, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, no trace of mockery or mischief in his expression or in his tone. Jungkook felt his heart begin to pound erratically out of his chest and looked Taehyung straight in the eye.

And nodded.

Taehyung didn't wait any longer before moving his lips and placing them softly on top of Jungkook's. It was like two puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly after being lost for so long.

Jungkook only knew that he didn't want to pull away.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

a/n: i think i'm going to update a lot because this book is long and there's other stuff i wanna publish too