𝟑𝟓 : 𝐃𝐘𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐀 (rewriting)

dys·ar·thri·a
/disˈärTHrēə/
difficult or unclear articulation of speech that is otherwise linguistically normal

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook sat upright in his hospital bed, opening his mouth wide so that Taehyung could feed him different fruits. Taehyung smiled when Jungkook bit down on the strawberries that he fed he boy.

"I'm full now, Taehyungie," Jungkook said, trying not to stare at the other strawberries still in the bowl. Taehyung frowned and looked at Jungkook, holding the boy's hand softly.

"Jungkookie, you need to eat," Taehyung said, picking up another strawberry to feed to Jungkook. Jungkook shook his head and kept his mouth shut, pouting cutely like a child.

"Jungkookie," Taehyung whined, pressing the strawberry against Jungkook's lips. Jungkook finally sighed and opened his mouth enough to bite down on the tip of the strawberry, but then pushed Taehyung's hand away.

"Baby, you're worrying me," Taehyung said, finally setting the bowl of fruit to the side. Jungkook didn't say anything and stared down at his lap, looking at his hands that were shaking slightly.

Taehyung stood up and began to hook his arms under Jungkook's knees, causing the poor boy to jump in surprise. Taehyung picked him up and carried him not so gracefully to the bathroom connected to his room.

"Come on, baby, I'll help you," Taehyung said, sitting Jungkook on the edge of the bathtub and helping him strip down and waterproof the cast on his leg. Jungkook watched as the bathtub filled with water and Taehyung helped the boy inside the warm water slowly.

Jungkook swung his leg over the side of the bathtub, being careful not to hit Taehyung in the dick again. He sat patiently in the bathtub as Taehyung washed his hair and helped him wash his body.

Jungkook stared down at his hands, placing them in his lap. He was heartbroken almost. He hated being out in such a vulnerable position like this—but being in Taehyung's presence made the situation more bearable—and felt his heart clench at the thought of never helping Taehyung in surgery again.

"What's on your mind, baby?" Taehyung asked, picking up a random cup and rinsing the soap out of Jungkook's hair. Jungkook sighed and leaned into Taehyung's touch, relishing in the feeling of having Taehyung's fingers brushing through his hair.

"M-My hands are so ugly, Taehyungie," Jungkook began, looking away from his scarred hands and up at Taehyung. "There's too many scars on them. And on top of that, I can't even m-move them."

Taehyung frowned and put the cup aside. "Aw, baby," he said, taking Jungkook's shaky hands in his own. "Your hands aren't ugly. They look just as beautiful as they were before, Jungkookie."

Jungkook frowned and tried to keep the tears forming in his eyes from falling. "No, Taehyung. My hands are so ugly," he reiterated, looking away from Taehyung and his hands.

Taehyung sighed and pulled Jungkook's hands close to his face, pressing a kiss to each hand. Jungkook blushed and looked away awkwardly, but couldn't ignore the fluttering of his heart.

Taehyung let go of Jungkook's hand and began to drain the bathtub of its water. He grabbed a towel and helped Jungkook up, helping him dry off. He found a robe—he had been bringing more comfortable things for Jungkook to wear—and helped Jungkook into it before helping Jungkook back down to the bed.

"Okay baby, I have to go prep for another surgery," Taehyung said, kissing Jungkook softly. Jungkook pouted cutely and pulled Taehyung back in for another kiss.

"You have to?" Jungkook asked, not wanting Taehyung to leave yet. Taehyung smiled and turned on the TV in the hospital room, switching to some random drama.

"Get some rest, okay?" He said, and Jungkook nodded sadly. "The surgery's going to run late so don't bother waiting for me," Taehyung added and Jungkook frowned.

"Why? I'll stay up," Jungkook said and Taehyung shook his head and laughed a little. "What?" Jungkook asked, eyebrows furrowing together when he saw Taehyung laughing.

"Do whatever you want, baby," Taehyung said, kissing Jungkook's forehead. Jungkook smiled and leaned in for a real kiss, but frowned when he was met with Taehyung's hand.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Taehyung said and Jungkook whined. "At least kiss me properly," Jungkook said and Taehyung smirked. Taehyung leaned in and kissed Jungkook so passionately that the boy felt his breath being taken away.

Taehyung pulled away and smiled, smirking down at a dazed Jungkook. He squeezed Jungkook's hand sweetly and walked out of the hospital room leaving a frowning Jungkook.

Jungkook sat in the hospital room in silence for a bit--Taehyung forgot to give him the TV remote before he left and Jungkook was too prideful to ask the nurse for help. He hummed to himself for a bit, but eventually waged a mental war with himself over his scarred hands. He hated them so much, hated them for holding him back, hated them for looking ugly.

The sun began to set quickly outside of the hospital room window and Jungkook felt isolated from the rest of the world. He sighed and eventually saw the nurse walk in, checking to make sure if he needed anything. He finally asked for the remote and turned the TV onto some crappy drama that he had seen for the fifth time by now.

The sky outside was almost completely dark, and if Jungkook looked hard enough, he could see little stars littering the sky. He sighed and willed himself to stay awake, trying to wait for Taehyung to come back from his surgery.

Jungkook felt his eyes slowly closing and tried to shake his head to stay awake and wait for Taehyung. He knew that Taehyung told him to get some rest, but something about seeing Taehyung walk back into the hospital room would make him feel better.

His eyes slowly closed and his vision began to blur slowly. He tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes and wake up, but he couldn't and felt himself begin to drift off into sleep.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶