𝟏𝟗 : 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐎 (rewriting)

ver·ti·go
/ˈvərdəɡō/
a sensation of whirling and loss of balance, associated particularly with looking down from a great height, or caused by disease affecting the inner ear or the vestibular nerve; giddiness

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Jungkookie, do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Jungkook's eyes widened and he sat up to look down at Taehyung from underneath him. A huge smile made its way onto Jungkook's face and tears threatened to fall from his eyes again.

"Y-Yes, I'd be s-so happy," Jungkook stuttered, completely flustered and caught off guard by Taehyung's sudden question. He heard Taehyung chuckle and buried his face into the man's neck, taking in a long breath of what smelled like strawberries and that annoying hospital cleanliness.

"You went through so much, Jungkookie," Taehyung hummed, wrapping his arms around the boy's waist again and rubbing soothing circles into the boy's back. "My baby's so strong," Taehyung teased, pressing a kiss to Jungkook's cheek and hearing his little whines at Taehyung's incessant teasing.

Taehyung let Jungkook lay comfortably on top of him before he realized that they were still in the clothes from the dinner. "Come on, Jungkookie. Let's change into something more comfortable," He began, trying to stand up but Jungkook didn't let him. Jungkook yawned cutely and held onto Taehyung tighter.

"Can we just stay like this a little longer?" He pouted cutely, eyes closing slowly from exhaustion. Taehyung smiled endearingly and laid back down, letting his baby relax for a little longer.

"Fine, but if you fall asleep I'm moving you to the couch."

"You wouldn't dare."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook's eyes opened slowly to the sound of the alarm on his phone ringing loudly. Jungkook groaned and reached over the bed in search of his phone, sitting up when he realized it wasn't there and his alarm was still going off.

Jungkook found his phone in the pocket of his clothes from yesterday—that he was still wearing—and turned the alarm off before turning and seeing Taehyung with his arms wrapped around his waist.

Jungkook smiled fondly at the sleeping Taehyung before laying back down to look the boy in the eye. "Wake up," Jungkook whined, poking at Taehyung's cheek and grinning when Taehyung slowly began to open his eyes.

"Five more minutes," Taehyung said, closing his eyes and turning so his back was now facing Jungkook. Jungkook whined and got up from bed, going into his closet to find something more suitable to wear to work.

Jungkook stripped down out of his clothes from yesterday and grabbed a pair of boxers and some new clothes from his closet. He set the clothes on his dresser and saw Taehyung coming up behind him.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist and put his chin on his shoulder. Jungkook blushed but rolled his eyes when he saw Taehyung slowly falling asleep while standing.

"You better wake up or I'm taking your car to work and leaving you here!" Jungkook teased, shrugging Taehyung off his body and getting dressed for work.

"Fine, fine. But five more minutes."

And those five minutes almost had Jungkook late for work.

Taehyung got up eventually—after Jungkook forcefully pulling him up out of bed—and got dressed—courtesy of Jungkook—and finally woke up enough to drive the two to the hospital. Jungkook rushed in, leaving Taehyung behind to lock his car and walk in on his own.

Jungkook ran inside without realizing the big smile that was spreading across his face. He walked past Jimin—who gave the strangest look at Jungkook's unusually happy expression—and headed straight for his office.

Jungkook was walking towards his office when he saw Jin. He felt his heart drop and quickly turned on his heel and headed in the opposite direction, both away from his office and away from Jin.

"Wait, Jungkook!" Jin called out from behind him, to which Jungkook didn't even bother to turn around to. Jungkook only began to walk faster and headed to the one place he knew he would feel comfortable in—Taehyung's office.

He reached out to open the door to Taehyung's office when the door quickly swung open and Taehyung walked out. Taehyung looked surprised at Jungkook's sudden appearance, but his face softened and a cheesy smile spread across his face.

"Hey, baby. What's up?" Taehyung asked, stepping outside of his office and closing the door behind him, giving his full attention to the pretty boy in front of him.

"I, um... just wanted to spend time with you," Jungkook said, awkwardly glancing around to make sure that Jin wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Where are you going?" He asked, noticing how Taehyung was holding a stack of papers and a bunch of pens.

"Headed to the cafeteria is all. Want to join?" He asked, holding his hand out for Jungkook to lace his with. "Sure," Jungkook smiled, taking a hold of Taehyung's hand and heading to the cafeteria with him.

They turned a corner and walked down the hallway with their hands intertwined, making mindless prattle about anything and everything. They continued walking down the hallway until Jungkook stopped suddenly.

"Jungkook, baby, is something wrong?" Taehyung asked, still holding onto Jungkook's hand but turning around to face the boy. Jungkook looked away, glancing at something, or someone, at the end of the hallway.

"A-Actually... on second thought, I have to go to the bathroom," Jungkook said, letting go of Taehyung's hand and turning on his heel to head the other direction.

Taehyung looked confused and turned around, seeing Jin walking down the hallway towards the two of them. He turned around and went after Jungkook, pulling him quickly into the nearest bathroom.

Jungkook looked confused and furrowed his eyebrows in Taehyung's direction. Taehyung sighed and put his hands lightly on Jungkook's waist.

"Maybe you should talk to Jin."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and shook his head slowly. He held onto Taehyung's upper arms and pursed his lips together tightly before looking at the ground again.

"I... I don't think I can," he said, pulling his body closer to Taehyung's. Taehyung hummed and wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist tighter.

"At least try, okay?" Taehyung whispered into Jungkook's ear before pressing a soft kiss to Jungkook's temple.

"For me?"

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

a/n: hit a major writer's block in the middle of this chapter oof